Marcus Olsson

SantosHalper

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, mozza said:

i'm still struggling to understand why we are attempting to build a completely new side  

in the middle of a reasonably successful season ..

Did you not take O Levels. 

Most of Derbys team is the old side. 

Thorne ,Grant , Christie ,Keogh ,Warnock. 

Hendrick , Russell. Martin .

Shall I go on. 

13 minutes ago, curtains said:

Did you not take O Levels. 

Most of Derbys team is the old side. 

Thorne ,Grant , Christie ,Keogh ,Warnock. 

Hendrick , Russell. Martin .

Shall I go on. 

What do most of the 'old' side  have in common?  I'll give you a clue. Add Hughes, Forsyth, Bryson and Shackell to the list.

2 minutes ago, mozza said:

No , i didn't take O levels , i went straight into a 5 year apprenticeship aged 15 ,

tho what that has to do with my post ,  is beyond me ..

Your so negative these days and I'll remind you most of the team comprises of Clough and McClaren players  and I'm suggesting you can't add up  

A team always has to evolve and we are short at LB with Forsyth and Lowe injured .

Are you worried about Mel's bank account. 

i'm not being negative , and i've maybe put my thoughts in the wrong thread , i'm 

concerned that we are disrupting a settled side with all these signings , it's all

'i want it all , i want it now' . Slow down a bit is all i'm saying..

6 minutes ago, mozza said:

i'm not being negative , and i've maybe put my thoughts in the wrong thread , i'm 

concerned that we are disrupting a settled side with all these signings , it's all

But don't lose reality .

If Warnock is injured we can bring in Baird at LB but he's mainly a RB .

Forsyth is out for the season and Lowe is unproven at first team level and has not played for weeks and is struggling .

Olsson is available and we need him .  

This season is the season to get back in the Premier League more than any other season and we have a big chance why waste it  

42 minutes ago, curtains said:

That would leave us short of holding midfielders though. 

So in retrospect .

No. 

Agreed Baird can play in many positions and CDM is like LB short of cover 

4 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Surely though he's more useful to have on the bench than Hanson though , if we get an injury in the match he could potentially cover rb lb cd cdm or cm ! 

Well, presumably we would have Hanson, Shotton and one of Hendrick, Butterfield, Johnson or Bryson on the bench, so, sod him. 

1 hour ago, mozza said:

Actually signing a Lb instead of warnock isn't a " i want it now" thing it's more to do with the fact that he is quite old and takes his fair share of knocKs and someone younger is needed to replace or cover for him. Some young players are being signed too. 

Archived