Butterfield's progress

Thierry Ennui

Uptherams - It's great that we don't have like for likes when it comes to our midfielders. Because then it's easier to swap players around and for them to all get game time. I have always been cautious of clubs that have too much direct competition for positions. 

Brilliant point there, I was starting to realise that but you have nailed it there. So many options because all our midfielder are different. Like for like has diminished for me now. It gives the opposition too much to think about when they are tired and under pressure.Paul Clement must be purring, if he needs a striker at Xmas, he will be getting one. Has he been identified yet? Probably. Johnson only became available in the last 24 hours of the window. To part with £6 million at such short notice says it all. Clement's degree of belief is become blatantly obvious. He pretty much made out that QPR have got all on, tomorrow. The old adage of it being a difficult game appears foreign to him. We have belief as a Club.COYR

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

My ITK contact tells me that should Butterfield hit a hat-trick for us he'll smile.

Continues to grow into his role and should start with Johnson and Thorne next week.

What a midfield that is eh?

Another impressive performance alongside Hendrick, both did exactly what needed to be done and were key to our victory. Their ball retention was excellent, very rarely gave the ball away and, against Hull's midfield 3 who were playing in the PL not so long ago, looked far more effective and direct.

Butters took both goals well and is starting to show, similarly to Bryson in 13/14 he's got goals in his locker which will add another attacking dimension to our team.

Archived