Assuming that they are at the top of their game, which Rams players are potential Premiership material?

Rampage

Pace and strength is a biggy in the premier.

if Martin had any pace at all he'd have been bid for a whole lot more by the established premier teams.

hildt half our squad could play in a struggling Derby team in the premier. (just like burnley who didn't spend big) I don't know how many of our squad would be signed by other premier teams and then selected to play 30+ games. Our first team is full of premier league squad players IMO

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Jägerbob .. I reckon that's a better summary than naming individuals .. We have some real talent but 

a surviving and hopefully prospering prem team has what we have PLUS the ability to play as a seamless unit to each other's strengths, drop in a savvy manager who reads opposition and tactics and finally a little bit of stardust . As has happened with Vardy and at Southhampton a couple of seasons back. 

From there Ve bild and zo onvards till ve take over ze vorld hahaha cue maniacal sheep baaing and the James Bond theme

This is a bit of a silly thread anyway. 

Name one player in and around the first team who isnt premier league quality if they are playing at the top of their game

Apart from Baird :ph34r:

The ironic thing here is that Baird is one of the only players we have in the squad that is proven Premiership quality.

Maybe it was in the past but he still has plenty to offer this side. If I could turn back the clock, then I would hope that DCFC signed him again.

This constant knocking of the player annoys the hell out of me. By the end of this season, I am willing to bet that most Rams fans will consider him, as i do, to be a class signing and an important one.

You're making him a scapegoat simply because someone has to be.

It was a little tongue in cheek, if he plays at the top of his game he definitely has a place in the squad. 

But this fallacy of there being a huge gap between the prem and championship? Only in that a well organised team can get promoted and struggle the next season. This squad we have, playing on form? Top 12 in the prem definitely.

It was a little tongue in cheek, if he plays at the top of his game he definitely has a place in the squad. 

But this fallacy of there being a huge gap between the prem and championship? Only in that a well organised team can get promoted and struggle the next season. This squad we have, playing on form? Top 12 in the prem definitely.

How can you say that this squad is even capable of competing in a higher league yet alone a top 12 place!

We're not even in the top 6 of a lower league.

If all of the current Premiership sides played their top form, they would IMO comfortably beat this Derby side playing in top form. 

How can you say that this squad is even capable of competing in a higher league yet alone a top 12 place!

We're not even in the top 6 of a lower league.

If all of the current Premiership sides played their top form, they would IMO comfortably beat this Derby side playing in top form. 

Easy .. We have a brand new manager arriving after a season that imploded. We have also added several new key players. Our form over the last 6 or 7 matches has been top that of a top two side. The early unimpressive start, which actually only had one defeat, is explained by the first scentence. I would agree with you though that at the present level we would be fighting for our lives in the prem and probably loosing the battle. The interesting thing is going to be seeing if we can build on the current form and emerge as a team good enough not just to get to the prem but stay there. 

Archived