Pay up Pompey

vicky-27

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm delighted by the news, hopefully it will stop clubs from living out with their means

Not good for the supporters or football fans in general. Clubs like Portsmouth are the bedrock of football history and why the game is so important.

Not good for the supporters or football fans in general. Clubs like Portsmouth are the bedrock of football history and why the game is so important.

the club aren't going to die, only the name. a phoenix club will rise and the supporters will get behind this. It's unacceptable that clubs can run with debts of £120 million and just expect to be let off, football clubs are business after all and if this was any other business then they would be liquidated

the club aren't going to die, only the name. a phoenix club will rise and the supporters will get behind this. It's unacceptable that clubs can run with debts of £120 million and just expect to be let off, football clubs are business after all and if this was any other business then they would be liquidated

Exactly.

Must be horrible for the supporters, but they'll bounce back with one club or another.

And clubs do need to learn their limits, let this be a lesson to any others.

Exactly.

Must be horrible for the supporters, but they'll bounce back with one club or another.

And clubs do need to learn their limits, let this be a lesson to any others.

Yes the running of the club seems to have been virtually non-existent from a governance perspective, but for the supporters to "bounce back with one club or another"??? Christ.

Yes the running of the club seems to have been virtually non-existent from a governance perspective, but for the supporters to "bounce back with one club or another"??? Christ.

I have no sympathy for the fans either tbh, they have played a part in this. it was clear a few years ago that it would end in this but yet they have done nothing. they certainly weren't complaining when they were in europe and winning the cup were they?

Personally I hope Cardiff soon follow, rid football of these cheating vermin

I have no sympathy for the fans either tbh, they have played a part in this. it was clear a few years ago that it would end in this but yet they have done nothing. they certainly weren't complaining when they were in europe and winning the cup were they?

Personally I hope Cardiff soon follow, rid football of these cheating vermin

The fans did nothing; are you serious?

Or, you're winding us up?

Of course they will, there'll be a club reborn out of that, most will go there.

Others will go to their second club. Not sure who that is in the Pompey area. Like if Derby went bust (god forbid), then most would be involved with the new club and some would go to Burton.

empty threats it seems, as usual. Every time a club goes to the high court you know that they aren't going to be liquidated, merely given an extension. There's no deterrent to living with out your means. bonuses should be given to clubs that run football clubs properly, and clubs with extreme debt should be banned from europe

Archived