What could it be?

Mostyn6

With Rush out there in sunny Spain on the San Miguels bringing Clement to Derby would the question not have popped up "so who are we looking to sign this summer?" 

Can't see Sam saying its a surprise you will have to wait and see.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or Clement could be over the moon with the signings, Chris Evans feels his job here is done, told the club he wants out. Clement was told and said well I know a bloke who is currently unemployed, we get on really well, same wavelength. Brilliant.

I think its due to youth recruitment.

chris evans appointed joe mcclaren as head of youth recruitment which was pretty bizarre. Presumably JM is long gone altho we don't seem keen to announce all the coaching departures..

Then he lost half of new appointments when derek wragg and jamie jameson departed without explanation.

last summers youth recruitments seemed to all come from the same agency. Most of chris's signings seem to be rather unimaginative senior pro's like bent, warnock, carson, pearce, baird. Few signings seemed to produce young gems from nowhere.

i always wondered why he was sat in the directors box every home match. Wouldn't you think he was better out watching potential new players? 

Finally none of his u-21 signings have got close to the first team, so when we needed bodies, Mel had to write out some big cheques. 

probably a really nice bloke but it will be interesting to see what the reason is. 

Those unimaginative senior pros, Clement made one captain another is keeping Grant out the team and the other scored yesterday.

All didn't cost much in transfer fees, wages no idea.

And Pearce is only 26

but i think mel wants better recruitment of youngsters.

whats your theory then?

Joe McClaren is a scout at Southampton now by the way, started in July 

Source: His LinkedIn page

there you go.

so chris evans only had one of his team left.....mo camara.....his mate.

Those unimaginative senior pros, Clement made one captain another is keeping Grant out the team and the other scored yesterday.

All didn't cost much in transfer fees, wages no idea.

And Pearce is only 26

also.....if thats what we keep signing, of course they are going to play.

but senior pro's have a limited shelf life, 

mel vision is about building an academy and producing lots of young talent.

but i think mel wants better recruitment of youngsters.

whats your theory then?

I think you're right with the youth bit, wants to see more players coming through the youth setup, Mel spoke about it on our date.

Thats not going to happen overnight tho, he also said in his first interview as sole owner about going for promotion harder next season if we don't do it this time round. That says to me more £££.

My theory is that Clement isn't happy with the players being offered, took the best he could out of what was on the table. Asked what he needs to get the team on track, well to be honest Mel I'm finding it hard to fit these players into a system. What do you need then? Well my mate....

also.....if thats what we keep signing, of course they are going to play.

but senior pro's have a limited shelf life, 

mel vision is about building an academy and producing lots of young talent.

Having experience in the team is also needed, we've been a bit naive at times. Whilst not being very exciting to us fans they are essential to the team. Eustace last season prime example.

Having experience in the team is also needed, we've been a bit naive at times. Whilst not being very exciting to us fans they are essential to the team. Eustace last season prime example.

one or two maybe.

leon best takes some explaining.

The man coming is David Burke who Clement knows well . There's a top scout joining the ranks to, Jon Howard.

Mel? Is that you?

one helluva good post if true.

Archived