James bailey - Fc pune city

Antonedcfc

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a decent article by Vice's standards, but it's the usual hipster nonsense. The guy works so hard to create a narrative that places the ISL at odds with the MLS, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Yeah, he sort of overlooks Bradley Wright-Phillips success and Liam Ridgewell's spell at Portland Timbers.

Not for a player like Bailey. Last year the average weekly wage for foreign players, excluding the marquee signings, was around £4000/£5000. Not much more than you'd get in league 1.

So £200-250k a year isn't a decent whack? And India's hardly an expensive place to live as well as giving you a great life experience. I'd bite your hand off...

So £200-250k a year isn't a decent whack? And India's hardly an expensive place to live as well as giving you a great life experience. I'd bite your hand off...

The league only lasts 3 months so you're not getting that amount. Plus, it's all relative. Of course that is good money for running around kicking a football, but my point is that it isn't a great deal more than what players get paid at league 1 level in this country. Cost of living is significantly cheaper, but as the league is three months long I doubt anyone is relocating their family to India.

Archived