Live Game Thread 15/16

sage

9 hours ago, McLovin said:

You don't have to be an expert to see how overrated Stones is .......

The only people who are over rating him are the people slagging him off.

I've not seen anyone saying he is world class or the finished article, just that he has the potential to go on to become these.

Do you think you are more of an expert that Glenn Hoddle?!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The only people who are over rating him are the people slagging him off.

I've not seen anyone saying he is world class or the finished article, just that he has the potential to go on to become these.

Do you think you are more of an expert that Glenn Hoddle?!

No but they can have their opinion, which may or may not be correct. Just because an ex-England player and manager said something, doesn't mean it's gospel, just look at what he said about the disabled.

Varane is surrounded by world class players, Stones plays in a struggling Everton side currently. He looked awesome last season, Chelsea wouldn't be offering big money for someone who hasn't got the ability. We hyping Zouma now are we? Interesting.

38 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I haven't seen anything to suggest that stones will be world class. As highlighted by bris earlier he is a long way off defenders of similar ages to himself. Laporte,Varane,Giminez,Zouma are miles better than Stones currently. 

Why do you keep mentioning Bris Vegas? Would it be anything to do with the fact that he clearly will never rate any English footballer?

If you want to back up your thoughts with comments from people involved with football rather than some random poster on this site who happens to agree with your views, it would hold a lot more weight.

19 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Also if stones was spanish,german or french he would be worth 10 million maximum

And since when did you become a valuer of football players.

No football player is worth a single penny unless there is someone out there willing to pay that for him. The fact that Chelsea supposedly offered £40m for Stones in the summer should give you some indication of his current value.

21 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Also if stones was spanish,german or french he would be worth 10 million maximum

How much did City pay for Mangala? He's French. And I'd argue that at least in the PL, Stones has been a better defender.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

How much did City pay for Mangala? He's French. And I'd argue that at least in the PL, Stones has been a better defender.

in the region of £42m... so by that token, Stones is about £84m.

I'd still rather have Mangala than Stones. Mangala has proved that he can defend such as against chelsea last season and more importantly Mangala has champions league experience. Mangala has played well in the champions league this season for city. Mangala is another player who gets slaughtered by the english press but Stones somehow escapes criticism because he is english

22 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why do you keep mentioning Bris Vegas? Would it be anything to do with the fact that he clearly will never rate any English footballer?

If you want to back up your thoughts with comments from people involved with football rather than some random poster on this site who happens to agree with your views, it would hold a lot more weight.

Because Bris is an englishman who can see the whole picture purely because he doesn't live in england and isn't influenced by the english media. Also he is a football journalist so I'm sure his views hold more weight than mine or yours

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Because Bris is an englishman who can see the whole picture purely because he doesn't live in england and isn't influenced by the english media. Also he is a football journalist so I'm sure his views hold more weight than mine or yours

I don't hold anything against Bris, or what he does, but this sort of attitude is disappointing. Being a journalist of any form does not suddenly make your opinion matter more, or more likely to be correct.

19 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I don't hold anything against Bris, or what he does, but this sort of attitude is disappointing. Being a journalist of any form does not suddenly make your opinion matter more, or more likely to be correct.

Don't worry mate I don't mean it:lol: I was just using g star's own argument against him because he said glen hoddle's views are more valid than mine just because he is a pundit and played football so is an "expert"

Just now, McLovin said:

Don't worry mate I don't mean it:lol: I was just using g star's own argument against him because he said glen hoddle's views are more valid than mine just because he is a pundit and played football

Ok, you won't be surprised to hear I hadn't read back through any of this thread. 

Archived