Live Game Thread 15/16

sage

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shearer and co seem sure it was never a penalty, for me it was, wasnt even like the ball was kicked at him, ball to hand, pushed it out the way. Deffo penalty.

4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I didn't think it was deliberate. But the ref clearly did. 

I've seen a lot worse... Like the peno against Keogh at milwall for example. There was a movement of arm to ball by dyer. Probably not deliberate but I've even seen ball to hand decisions given. 

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I've seen a lot worse... Like the peno against Keogh at milwall for example. There was a movement of arm to ball by dyer. Probably not deliberate but I've even seen ball to hand decisions given. 

So many penalties are given that shouldn't be. I think the assumption by refs is that handball is a deliberate act by cynical players trying to gain an advantage unless the evidence to clearly to the contrary. The thought process should be the opposite way round - only when the evidence is clear that it is deliberate beyond any reasonable doubt should the penalty be given. 

Refs also seem to be easily swayed by those with a vested interest - opposition supporters and players.

15 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

So many penalties are given that shouldn't be. I think the assumption by refs is that handball is a deliberate act by cynical players trying to gain an advantage unless the evidence to clearly to the contrary. The thought process should be the opposite way round - only when the evidence is clear that it is deliberate beyond any reasonable doubt should the penalty be given. 

Refs also seem to be easily swayed by those with a vested interest - opposition supporters and players.

I shan't bite

It's official - if someone's showing 22 men and a bag of wind, I will watch it.

Just watched Tottenham v Chelsea U-21s - it finished 4-5. Really fun game to watch, with Andros Townsend firmly in the shop window.

On 10/01/2016 at 20:16, Mafiabob said:

I've a habit of going on about refs... Don't you know.... :ph34r:

See Steve Cotteril moaning that the referee added 5 seconds more than he should and WBA scored?

It's not his fault or his players fault they stopped playing or defended poorly. It's the referee for adding on time which I'm 100% sure was far less than the match was stopped for.

Archived