Live Game Thread 15/16

sage

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, McLovin said:

Atletico would be fine dealing with the pace in the wide areas, they always keep Bale and Ronaldo quiet when playing Madrid and Juanfran and Luis are 2 of the best full backs in the world. Reason why I say that Atletico would beat Bayern is because the Atletico players are always intense. Bayern have been awful recently and are playing at around 70% intensity and are only winning because of the quality in their team, they'd find it hard to push up a couple of gears when the going gets tough. Don't forget that Bayern are still playing the young midfielder Kimmich at centre back because they have had a lot of defensive issues. I reckon will would be like the Arsenal- Bayern game where Arsenal won 2-0 at the emirates playing counter attack.

Barca can only play one way, and when they're slow a well-organised back-line can stop them.

Bayern, on the hand, can play in a number of ways and as shown in their match with Juventus, pushing them wide makes little difference as they can score from crosses.

Juanfran and Luis might be decent up against Robben/Ribery/Costa when it comes to one vs one situations, but that'll count for little if the wide men can create space to put decent crosses in.

And another area where Bayern have the advantage over Barca is their ability to score from range. Alonso and Vidal can both strike a ball, Iniesta and Busquets sadly can't.

Bayern are coasting to the Bundesliga and I agree they could lack urgency. But if they're on it, and they'll undoubtedly raise the roof at the Allianz, I feel they'll be too strong though the draw could help.

All opinions I guess, but I'm rooting for Bayern or Atleti to win. I have no ill-feeling toward City, I just find them boring, and Real Madrid are the most ungrateful bunch of whiners on the planet.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, eddie said:

Amazing rendition of YNWA by both Liverpool and Dortmund fans tonight. Really looking to this game.

Done very well indeed

Archived