Harry Redknapp

1977 Ram Raider

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't thin Harry is that bad or good to be honest but he is a decent manager, we know what has happened to pompey but that wasn't all his fault, he was a number of factors why they ended up in the mess they did. A manger will always try and improve their squad if they are given money and as fans it what we expect. I don't know how us fans can come out with comments such as he is tactically inept when he has achieved what he has in the professional game across all the divisions and to be fair spurs even did quite well in Europe. (well until they met Real Madrid)

I don't thin Harry is that bad or good to be honest but he is a decent manager, we know what has happened to pompey but that wasn't all his fault, he was a number of factors why they ended up in the mess they did. A manger will always try and improve their squad if they are given money and as fans it what we expect. I don't know how us fans can come out with comments such as he is tactically inept when he has achieved what he has in the professional game across all the divisions and to be fair spurs even did quite well in Europe. (well until they met Real Madrid)

34 years a manager, got Bournemouth promoted, Won the Championship title with Pompey (Jim Smith was assistant manager) and won the cup with Pompey. Oh and fluked a play off win with QPR. Surrounds himself with coaches galore spend loads of money on overrated players. He is loved for one reason, the press love him and put him on a pedestal just because he talks to them. Totally overrated.

As a club manager, i'd put 'arry up there with Billy Davies and Paul Jewell.

Always thought he'd have been a better shout for England though than Stevie Mac, Sven, The dirty Italian from the cheating Juventus ******** of 1973, and Roy.

If all arry had to do was work with players on confidence and team spirit he'd probably have bagged us a semi-final or two over the last decade rather than the pitiful surrender we've had to endure in recent Euro's and World Cups.

Take the money side away from him and he actually knows his football.

Am I the only one who thought Sven was a decent coach for England?

Yeh, some decisions were a bit iffy (Not playing Scholes at CM) but his record is as good as expected. We lost to 2002 champions Brazil in the quarter-final after navigating ourselves through a decent group.

In 2004 and 2006 we were a penalty shootout victory away from a semi-final place. The latter we were down to 10 mins after 60 mins, hardly Sven's fault?

Would Harry Redknapp have done any better? I doubt it. During that Portugal game in 2006, Sven's tactical switch after the sending off was superb and Hargreaves put in one of the best England performances I've ever seen.

Archived