Jaysus Christ

utisbug

I thought the same last season, until I soon relaised Bryson/Hendrick couldn't play in a midfield two, we had no backup to Chris Martin, our fullback areas were vulnerable and we arguably needed at least another winger.

12 months on and it's pretty much the same story.

The only difference this time around is we now apparently have 'different systems' to counter the problem. I don't buy that, as I don't think we're half as good when Martin isn't the focal point in a 4-3-3.

Pretty naive to suggest our squad is in the same place it was at the beginning of last season.

"12 months on and its pretty much the same story"...wow. Whats wrong with you mate? cheer up, and look at the squad again.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm liking the look of our squad.

My hopes for the season are that Bryson can find his 13/14 form, the defense becomes a solid unit, Thorne stays injury free, Martin bags 30 this time and everyone involved with the first team plays their part when called on.

Love the squad. Think we will start the season slow however.

Think teams like Bolton should consider themselves lucky that they are playing us at the start of the season while the squad is still gelling and adapting to a new formation/system. 

After a couple games i suspect we will be firing on all cylinders and beating teams convincingly week in, week out.

Nottingham Forest have never had a squad like the one we have now for the Championship and you're on another planet if you believe they have. 

The gumps have had several squads over the last few seasons that were gonna run away with promotion. They won the league last year by the end of August I believe......:whistle:

PistoldPete2

I thought the same last season, until I soon relaised Bryson/Hendrick couldn't play in a midfield two, we had no backup to Chris Martin, our fullback areas were vulnerable and we arguably needed at least another winger.

12 months on and it's pretty much the same story.

The only difference this time around is we now apparently have 'different systems' to counter the problem. I don't buy that, as I don't think we're half as good when Martin isn't the focal point in a 4-3-3.

why would we play Bryson and Hendrick in a midfield two? When we have hughes and Thorne. 

We start this season with bent and weimann as back up for martin, compared to last year when we had Leon best. 

And tom ince who is some player. And Jason shackell too. 

But it I still think we need Thorne and martin to stay fit. We saw how badly things can go wrong without them. 

Have to see how it all works yet.

Trying to draw conclusions before we've seen what we've got.

How can anyone tell Bris that he's wrong?

How do you know we'll be less dependent on Martin?

You name Ince and Bent in new signings but they were here last season. 

How do you know Pearce will be better than Keogh or Buxton? Shotton wasn't. Albentosa wasn't.  Michael Keane wasn't.  

Talk about Baird coming in to cover multiple positions. If he's that good then why is he covering multiple positions and not owning one. Something he may or may not do.

I'm not saying we haven't improved. Just looking at the reaction to Bris like he's said something ridiculous. Asking him if he's ever seen us play... Nobody has seen what this team can do. Nobody was suggesting Alex Pearce and Chris Baird as top Champ players before they signed. 

I don't see how any opinion in this thread can be wrong. 

It would be more predictable if we had the same coach as we'd know how these players would fit. But we don't even know what they're fitting into.

PistoldPete2

Well altho ince and bent were here last season they only came in in January. Having them for a whole season will make us better. And shackell . And weimann. And Pearce . And so on. We have a better squad starting this year than last. Still room for improvement tho. 

Archived