Gaming

SaintRam

14 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

Modern Warfare Remaster coming free with this year's 'legacy' edition of Infinite Warfare. Full campaign and 10 MP maps.

Or another way of looking at it - Modern Warfare Remaster comes with a free, yet pointless novelty 'Infinite Warfare' coaster. :lol:

Battlefield 5 to be official,y unveiled on May 6th as well. 

Happy days.

Looking forward to the unveil also.Played Battlefield 4 a ton,great multiplayer.

2 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

Looking forward to the unveil also.Played Battlefield 4 a ton,great multiplayer

Really looking forward to seeing where they're taking BF this time around. There's loads of talk of the new game being set in WWI, WWII or Vietnam - I'd take any of them I think. Just so long as it's not set on Mars in the year 3999! :angry:

18 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

Modern Warfare Remaster coming free with this year's 'legacy' edition of Infinite Warfare. Full campaign and 10 MP maps.

Or another way of looking at it - Modern Warfare Remaster comes with a free, yet pointless novelty 'Infinite Warfare' coaster. :lol:

Battlefield 5 to be official,y unveiled on May 6th as well. 

Happy days.

Oooh spammy grenades on shipment in hd and everyone crying op over the M16.

I hope they don't tinker with any of the weapon balance, you can't mess with a classic

21 minutes ago, David said:

Oooh spammy grenades on shipment in hd and everyone crying op over the M16.

I hope they don't tinker with any of the weapon balance, you can't mess with a classic

Shipment = 3 X Frags, juggernaut and martyrdom...:lol:

They'd best not mess with the mechanics at all. Update the graphics, slap it on dedicated servers and leave the rest alone.

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

Nostalgia is a bitch. Never lives up to your memories. 

I go back to CoD4 every 6 months or so. It's still incredibly enjoyable if you can find a decent lobby. The maps have never been bettered, the kill streaks are nice and simple and not massively overpowered, and anything and everything can be countered. Best of all, no f*cking future cr*p. :cool:

I only caught on the tail end of COD 4, actually got back into gaming through a PSP and Medal of Honour was the first FPS I played, spent hours on that before getting the Xbox 360. Probably had 6 months or so then MW2 dropped.

Literally can't wait to get back on there, went back a few times on PS3 but the connections were horrible with only 1k people online 

25 minutes ago, Srg said:

Just never replay Goldeneye

:lol: True. I loved that back in the day, but yeah, best left in the past now.

6 minutes ago, David said:

I only caught on the tail end of COD 4, actually got back into gaming through a PSP and Medal of Honour was the first FPS I played, spent hours on that before getting the Xbox 360. Probably had 6 months or so then MW2 dropped.

Literally can't wait to get back on there, went back a few times on PS3 but the connections were horrible with only 1k people online 

I got CoD4 free with the console not long after it had come out - still the best MP experience I've had with a game. Before the general decline in the 360 online community (in tone, not numbers) it was absolutely great fun, logging on, going into a random lobby and just having fun with people. I don't know when that stopped being the case, but it's a far cry from what you get these days where it's either total silence or the airwaves are dominated by kids spouting horsesh*t. 

MW2 was a great game too, but you could already see at that point that they were moving away from the simplicity of the first game, with perks, attachments, kill streak rewards etc going into overdrive. 

World at War was a good one - coming hot on the heels of CoD4 I overlooked that one to a large degree when it first came out - played it for a few months and then went straight back on CoD4 - but in hindsight, and having played it since, it's a brilliant, brilliant game. If the CoD4 remaster is a success then I really hope they turn their hand to some of the other games in the franchise. I suspect that they will, but logic will kind of suggest that it'll be the rest of the MW series that gets the treatment - BlOps is already being prepped for backwards compatibility on the XB1 - can't think that they'd be allowing that if they even had a speculative thought that it might be getting a remaster in the short term. Looks like it will be Infinity Ward games that get it, and the Treyarch games will get backwards compatibility. 

I suspect that come November, the online figures are going to be very interesting - I can see MW actually getting more players than the actual new game, Infinite Warfare. There would be a pointed message to Activision about the state of their current games! :lol:

CS:GO, can't get much more simple than that. 5 years old now isn't it but that won't put money in the bank for Activision, not knocking them as they are a business but if they can find a way to generate a regular income stream and stick to one game it would be awesome.

3 studios now for COD isn't it? pumping a game out each year, it's too much

Agree.

Infinity Ward, Treyarch, and Sledgehammer. 3 developers, each putting a game out every third year. 

It's actually better than the previous situation where there were two, each putting one out every second year though. Take this year's game alone, there's so much content compared to previous releases. But in general, no, I completely agree. A game every single year, is just too much. It's too much for Fifa, where they could just do a roster/kit update every other year, and it's too much for CoD. If they'd got a decent game, a la CoD4, MW2, WaW or BlOps, then they should have kept that for 2/3 years, and just supported them with further DLC rather than pumping out new games every 12 months and then dropping them like hot potatoes when the new ones come out. If they'd carried on supporting CoD4, and not just left it to the hackers, then you'd still have a massive community on there, even now. Look at the Halo 2 servers before they eventually shut down.

1 minute ago, StaffsRam said:

Everything except the last 20 seconds looks like total garbage. Thank goodness they've got their final 'get out of jail free' 20 second teaser at the end....

10 out of 20 maps... Aka give us some money and we will drip feed you the rest. 

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

10 out of 20 maps... Aka give us some money and we will drip feed you the rest. 

Fine if true.

Considering the amount of time I'll likely put into the game, I'll get the value out of it. The bigger worry to me would be that we might not get the other 10 at all.

Just now, StaffsRam said:

Fine if true.

Considering the amount of time I'll likely put into the game, I'll get the value out of it. The bigger worry to me would be that we might not get the other 10 at all.

Not a single chance. Chance to make money they will give it you. Which is pretty much all cod is these days. Cash cow. 

Just now, Srg said:

Not a single chance. Chance to make money they will give it you. Which is pretty much all cod is these days. Cash cow. 

In this instance I hope you're right.

They've had the 'remaster' card in their back pocket for years. No real surprise that it's being wielded now. They've screwed up by going down the 'future' route again, and they know it. A decision that would have been made 2/3 years ago when the idea might not have seemed as abhorrent as it is now.

They'll wheel more of these out over the next few years.

Are all games not cash cows? No developer is creating games for a laugh. Micro transactions or DLC in every game now.

Really wouldn't surprise me to see the life timers in mobile games reach consoles in some format very soon.

According to Charlieintel, it's Raven who are handling the remaster. Good news IMO. 

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered boasts vibrant current generation visuals, with fully improved texture resolution and detail, high-dynamic range lighting, lit and shadowing VFX particles, revamped animation and audio, stunning sound, and much more. Fans will relive the full, iconic campaign as they’re transported around the globe with Capt. Price, Gaz and Soap across all the missions from the original game, including “All Ghillied Up,” “Charlie Don’t Surf,” and “Crew Expendable.” Players will also experience the online multiplayer mode that redefined Call of Duty by introducing killstreaks, XP, Prestige and more, and battle head-to-head in 10 fan-favorite maps from the original multiplayer mode, including classics such as “Crash,” “Backlot” and “Crossfire.”

Really pleased that Crash and Crossfire are confirmed, two of my favourite maps.

Dedicated servers confirmed as well. Sweet. Full MP progression system. Your stats won't carry across from the original game.