Gaming

SaintRam

Still a ground-breaking agreement though. I can definitely see a lot of pc/xbox cross platform given the windows integration, but to get more onto ps4 would be fantastic. I think the developers will play a huge role if this is to become more common place.

6 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars 19x19xxwise.png.pagespeed.ic.YKCAsExlRO.

Genuinely sad I didn't have the foresight to play this when it came out, I'd have years of experience by the time Rocket League was released. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

What do you make of the new Hitman? Both as a game and the whole episodic idea?

I have played many episodic games, all telltale ones previously and I like them. Allows them to bring them out sooner while developing other sections and even change the story (at least add in extra options) based on what most people do. This is why they do it.

Why Hitman is episodic though, I've no idea. Doing the same mission over and over again to kill a target in different ways sounds like something I might do (to the extent of doing a mission at maximum 5 times) if I had a choice to and loved the game, but being forced to in order to get value is tedious. 

The game itself is far too hand-holdy. All that "eagle vision" style crap from assassins creed and stuff telling you what to do at all times. 

Just doesn't feel like a Hitman game. Seems a very weird time to change the entire dynamic of the franchise and in my opinion it's a move in the wrong direction.

14 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I have played many episodic games, all telltale ones previously and I like them. Allows them to bring them out sooner while developing other sections and even change the story (at least add in extra options) based on what most people do. This is why they do it.

Why Hitman is episodic though, I've no idea. Doing the same mission over and over again to kill a target in different ways sounds like something I might do (to the extent of doing a mission at maximum 5 times) if I had a choice to and loved the game, but being forced to in order to get value is tedious. 

The game itself is far too hand-holdy. All that "eagle vision" style crap from assassins creed and stuff telling you what to do at all times. 

Just doesn't feel like a Hitman game. Seems a very weird time to change the entire dynamic of the franchise and in my opinion it's a move in the wrong direction.

I've never really played any of them, despite it being relevant to my interests. From what I can see, you can buy the whole thing with all the future episodes for £40 already... so at least it isn't over priced for the privilege. I will look into reviews, because as I say, I'd think it would be something I'd like.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

I've never really played any of them, despite it being relevant to my interests. From what I can see, you can buy the whole thing with all the future episodes for £40 already... so at least it isn't over priced for the privilege. I will look into reviews, because as I say, I'd think it would be something I'd like.

I'd play the older ones personally. But if the reviews from places you trust are favorable then go for it, each to their own. Just don't understand why it's episodic, they aren't planning to dynamically alter any of the future game. That's the whole point of being episodic. I feel like they have an angle. 

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'd play the older ones personally. But if the reviews from places you trust are favorable then go for it, each to their own. Just don't understand why it's episodic, they aren't planning to dynamically alter any of the future game. That's the whole point of being episodic. I feel like they have an angle. 

I do, but it's a cynical one. Pay for the rest of the game by selling what they've done. That's watching Jim Sterling for you. 

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

I do, but it's a cynical one. Pay for the rest of the game by selling what they've done. That's watching Jim Sterling for you. 

Yeah, most games do that by going into Early Access. Guess that's trickier to do on consoles. I like Jim Sterling but most of my exposure to him is via TotalBiscuit, I have about 20 Youtube channels I watch and both he and TB have lengthy videos I don't really have time for lol

On the telltale note I'm waiting for them to do another TellTale game I'm interested in. Not interested in the Game of Thrones, Minecraft or the more TV canonised Walking Dead.

18 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Yeah, most games do that by going into Early Access. Guess that's trickier to do on consoles. I like Jim Sterling but most of my exposure to him is via TotalBiscuit, I have about 20 Youtube channels I watch and both he and TB have lengthy videos I don't really have time for lol

On the telltale note I'm waiting for them to do another TellTale game I'm interested in. Not interested in the Game of Thrones, Minecraft or the more TV canonised Walking Dead.

I liked Walking Dead but fell out with it when it wouldn't let me progress into a room I had to go into so I couldn't finish the game

Just now, Srg said:

I liked Walking Dead but fell out with it when it wouldn't let me progress into a room I had to go into so I couldn't finish the game

Which one? The first one?

Just now, Srg said:

it was that bit where you were in the school, and you were searching for tapes for the medical room. Wouldn't let me back into the room.

Huh, weird. Well I hardly played the first one, played all of the second. Really enjoyed it. Wolf Among Us and Tales from the Borderlands are two of my favorite ever story-based games and I didn't know anything about the setting they were based in (I'd played very little Borderlands and hadn't even heard of the Fables comics). 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Huh, weird. Well I hardly played the first one, played all of the second. Really enjoyed it. Wolf Among Us and Tales from the Borderlands are two of my favorite ever story-based games and I didn't know anything about the setting they were based in (I'd played very little Borderlands and hadn't even heard of the Fables comics). 

Yeah, I followed plenty of guides and stuff to try and figure if I'd done something wrong or was missing something and I wasn't.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Yeah, I followed plenty of guides and stuff to try and figure if I'd done something wrong or was missing something and I wasn't.

Happens. A shame really. Usually restarting gets round those sorts of things, or quick save/load.

I haven't played the new Hitman but apparently it's a total return to form (ie. Blood Money awesomeness) and you can turn all the hand-holdy stuff off:

Put five or so hours into the Paris mission (minus a few minutes to run asap through the beta tutorials) and really enjoyed it. I've turned everything off right from the start, except instinct, the awareness thingy and those icons that show which people are capable of noticing that you don't belong there. No mini-map, no opportunities, no nothing - and it has been awesome. At first I was worried that without the mini-map I'd also loose the trespassing notification, but turns out that isn't a problem at all. Apart from the Paris level being quite cleverly designed, making it pretty obvious who is allowed to go where, guards will warn you ahead of time and (most importantly) the icon above their heads that signifies that someone is able to bust your disguise changes dynamically. ie: a security guard won't have the icon above his head as long as you don't trespass. This works really well in combination with instinct, which in turn acts as a surprisingly good replacement for the map screen. No need to press select and view the 2D map, which makes it more immersive even if (as noted earlier in the thread) it is a way to see through walls. But the 2D maps in older Hitman games worked the same, marking NPC's and their movement and even which direction they were facing in real-time.

7 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

I haven't played the new Hitman but apparently it's a total return to form (ie. Blood Money awesomeness) and you can turn all the hand-holdy stuff off:

There you go then @Srg - have at 'er - unlikely to be a game I get into, simply don't have the time for it. 

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

There you go then @Srg - have at 'er - unlikely to be a game I get into, simply don't have the time for it. 

Time is a problem for me too... I haven't even unwrapped Tomb Raider, and I got that at Christmas.