V-Force Farewell

RicME85

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should ground all fighter planes and bombers world wide, would need to wipe out religion and oil first tho I guess. 

But isn't the reason it's been grounded not the government but the companies that provide parts for the engines that have pulled out and stopped making them? no engine parts they are forced to ground the plane. 

Technology moves on, remember me dad having a Montego car, don't see them on the road anymore

Aye its a lack of spares along with costs that is the issue with this beauty.

Two engines were ruined a few years back doesnt help - http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/main-topics/general-news/human-error-to-blame-for-doncaster-blast-that-destroyed-last-vulcan-bomber-s-engines-1-4614852

Would be amazing if RR came out at the end of the display season and go here, we have produced these for you in secret and hand over either a massive box of spares or a new engine or two.

Can dream.

The point about governments keeping these sorts of things in use is valid though, if they werent all scrapped and consigned to the history books there would of been a lot more spares etc, as it is, XH558 had to have parts taken from Vulcans that were on static display around the country, obviously being stood out in the UK weather isnt going to do these parts any favours. 

Saw that about a week ago, was a shame it was in the Saturday, would of made a great day out.

I paid to go in the Aeropark to watch the Vulcan flyover, as you say, the wings are massive. They were letting people in through the crew hatch on Saturday.

Don't think it's as easy as that, moulds, castings, processes and techniques would have to be re designed and manufactured.

These cost lots of money, and is fine if you're making a decent amount of aircraft, but just to make spares?

it cost £3 million just to make a new steam engine from scratch, not seen many more come off that production line.

Archived