Seth Johnson Derby legend

Bris Vegas

The day Robbie Savage was called a legend for waving that scarf at the City Ground ruined the whole meaning behind the word legend.

If he's a legend so is every player to pull on a Derby shirt. 

I think that was more legend in the way you describe your mate when he does something mildly funny. Well some people do, I don't. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I saw him in Intu shopping with his wife about 6/7 weeks ago, he is starting to look a bit frail but is still in full control of his faculties and always has a little chat.

Reg Matthews died in Coventry on 6th October 2001.

Thanks Knabby. Sad to hear of the losses,but at least one or two of my boyhood heroes are  soldiering on.

Like I say, by definition I think a legend has to etch their names into history for football achievements. FA cup winning team are legendary. League winners in '72 and '75 are legendary.

In many ways, I suppose it also can depend on how the player is perceived by other football fans. If the neutrals consider the name as synonymous with your club, they are probably a club legend.

Arguably Savage's scarf antics were heroic but his performances on the pitch were far from heroic. And I'm one of those that considered him a decent player while he was here.

Archived