Richard Keogh

Smiffy2491

I saw McFarland torn apart by Joe Large of Northampton Town more than once, and Colin Todd made to look like a kid by Peter Osgood. So did you, but you choose not to remember.

just goes to show that opinions are funny things

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just goes to show that opinions are funny things

Not really. Todd, McFarland and Mackay were three players who were generally quite brilliant - but they made mistakes too. I highlighted Joe Large because he was a lower-league journeyman - yet Mac rated him as his most difficult opponent of all time.

and if you have played the game you'll know that you always learn from your mistakes - and Richard Keogh doesn't seem too. Don't remember MacFarland, Todd or Mackay etc making the same mistakes, yes Richard Keogh is not on the same planet as them but he's human and human's should learn.

Did you actually read that before you posted it?.

Were not playing football manager now, this is real life, were also talking about professional football not sunday park football!!.

Unless you have played Professionally, you have no idea of the pressure/ thinking time players get in a game, let alone a playoff final. Keogh had a split second to clear that ball, no thinking time,  unfortunately he hit it straight at Zamora. 99 times out of 100 he would of cleared that ball and any sensible supporter knows that.

Yes as humans we learn by our mistakes but your talking about split second decisions.

Show me any CB that doesn't make mistakes throughout a season!!.

Keogh was part of a defence that broke records in macs first season and up until March this season was captain of a team that was top of the league by 5 points. Blaming him for the sudden loss in form is down right stupid.

I saw McFarland torn apart by Joe Large of Northampton Town more than once, and Colin Todd made to look like a kid by Peter Osgood. So did you, but you choose not to remember.

Are you sure about the Joe Large bit  ?Mac signed in August 1967 , and I can not find where we have played Northampton in a first class game since 1st Jan 1967 , maybe a friendly ?.

Not really. Todd, McFarland and Mackay were three players who were generally quite brilliant - but they made mistakes too. I highlighted Joe Large because he was a lower-league journeyman - yet Mac rated him as his most difficult opponent of all time.

wasn't it Frank Large?  I remember Mac telling me that Toddy would let a player have the ball just so he could run after him to get it back. 

I don't have an issue with Keogh in the play off final, it was a mistake and they happen. I just have an issue with his diving about; a real weakness in his game. 

Are you sure about the Joe Large bit  ?Mac signed in August 1967 , and I can not find where we have played Northampton in a first class game since 1st Jan 1967 , maybe a friendly ?.

Large played for a number of teams. 

you'll never hear me argue against the quality of Toddy, Mackay and McFarland. What I was trying to say is that some people seem to form opinions on certain players where they are either immortals that can do no wrong or scum of the earth that should be burnt at the stake and the "facts" they use to form these views can often be distorted but hey ho, that's opinions for you.

It's my opinion that while Keogh has such an active hate squad we will continue to see a player that plays with a sense of frustration at not being trusted or loved by his supporters. I know some may say you have to earn that and I agree but we've seen what our current tactic does to him so let's try the opposite. You never know, it might be the making of him at Derby

fair enough. Almost immediately before I read your post, I'd been in an interesting debate, where the know-it-all sitting next to me, who loves motorbikes, cars and DIY, declared that only ****** go to football, everyone who goes is a lager drinking thug, all parents who take their children are bad parents and he has no time for football fans!

Imagine how I reacted to that one!

You finished off your can of Stella, lay into him with your fists and then walked off with your kid.

I remember Frank at Leicester , his brother 'Joe' worked on the tills @Tesco..

Joe got about a lot as well. He also worked on the tills in Woolworths, C & A, MacFisheries, Safeway, Bejam and Victoria Wine.

wasn't it Frank Large?  I remember Mac telling me that Toddy would let a player have the ball just so he could run after him to get it back. 

I don't have an issue with Keogh in the play off final, it was a mistake and they happen. I just have an issue with his diving about; a real weakness in his game. 

Yes, Frank Large. I'm old, the memory isn't what it was and I'm in the middle of 10,000 lines of code at the moment (writing a project planner)

Yes, Frank Large. I'm old, the memory isn't what it was and I'm in the middle of 10,000 lines of code at the moment (writing a project planner)

I know the feeling - not the 10,000 lines of code, just the old bit!!

Toddy - every so often had a mistake in him....and sometimes was guilty in possession to concede a goal......

Although he was Brill generally.....

The MacFarland one was on his debut and if I don't recall it happening again, as for Todd well I could count on one hand throughout his Derby career. Whereas I need 2 hands per game for Keogh and sometimes that's not enough, but it's a game of opinions and I don't and have never rated Keogh - sorry.

Did you actually read that before you posted it?.

Were not playing football manager now, this is real life, were also talking about professional football not sunday park football!!.

Unless you have played Professionally, you have no idea of the pressure/ thinking time players get in a game, let alone a playoff final. Keogh had a split second to clear that ball, no thinking time,  unfortunately he hit it straight at Zamora. 99 times out of 100 he would of cleared that ball and any sensible supporter knows that.

Yes as humans we learn by our mistakes but your talking about split second decisions.

Show me any CB that doesn't make mistakes throughout a season!!.

Keogh was part of a defence that broke records in macs first season and up until March this season was captain of a team that was top of the league by 5 points. Blaming him for the sudden loss in form is down right stupid.

Also we were the poorest side in the league defensively for the last 10 games, leaking goals for fun - the defence was complete utter disaster, no leadership in those 10 weeks........ the defence requires changing so we don't fall apart again next season

Richard Keogh was captain of the side who got to the playoff final and up until the last 10 matches of last season was captain of the side who had topped the division several times. 

Also if media speculation is to be believed is s target for some well respected premier league managers.

Was name in the divisional team of the year for last season and is former Rams Player of the year. 

Not a bad resume for a player who is pilloried by so many people. 

Still not heard anybody who dislikes him come up with any viable or available players who would do as good or better. 

Define 'viable or available'. Was Weimann 'viable or available' to us a few months ago? 

There are countless players that are available, for the right price, that would do a better job. 

Yes he was captain of a side that lead the league several times, but he was also the captain of a team that capitulated in a fashion that no one ever could have predicted. His leadership was in question, and he was found wanting. 

IMO he isn't a top two centre half. Top six at a push. Premier League, not a chance. It depends where you see Derby going, as to whether he is good enough. 

Define 'viable or available'. Was Weimann 'viable or available' to us a few months ago? 

There are countless players that are available, for the right price, that would do a better job. 

Yes he was captain of a side that lead the league several times, but he was also the captain of a team that capitulated in a fashion that no one ever could have predicted. His leadership was in question, and he was found wanting. 

IMO he isn't a top two centre half. Top six at a push. Premier League, not a chance. It depends where you see Derby going, as to whether he is good enough. 

viable due to price

Available as in are for sale or want to come.

Keogh was trying his damndest to hold the back four together. I don't for one second think he did but look at how the rest of the side including the keeper played and its very tough to level our capitulation at his door solely. 

He's not the brst defender we've ever had but certainly not the villian hes portrayed as. 

Possibly relieve him of the captaincy if we get in a true leader and that pressure release will help him too.

As I say not the best but no where near the worst. 

Countless?

viable due to price

Available as in are for sale or want to come.

Keogh was trying his damndest to hold the back four together. I don't for one second think he did but look at how the rest of the side including the keeper played and its very tough to level our capitulation at his door solely. 

He's not the brst defender we've ever had but certainly not the villian hes portrayed as. 

Possibly relieve him of the captaincy if we get in a true leader and that pressure release will help him too.

As I say not the best but no where near the worst. 

Countless?

Yes, countless. Countless simply because there are shed loads of footballers, and none of us have a clue whether they are available, or whether they would be willing to come. 

I don't solely blame the bloke, but I think if he is captain next season, unless Clement does a Good Will Hunting on him, we'll see the same headless bloke throwing his arms in the air, bollocking team mates, and falling to the floor like a submissive dog every time the ball goes near him in the box. 

Personally I'd rather the GWH approach, but Robin Williams is dead, and I very much doubt Keogh has a cigar burn.

Archived