Johnny Russell

DCFC1388

really don't agree.... Think you'll see more often on the bench. Agree he works hard not doubting that....

The main point for me is he was a marquee signing.... Ability to be a 20 a season man we were told. 

I really can't remember a game where I thought Johnny Russell was difference between the two sides.... We have to agree to disagree.

Gary Teale.... Well I will agree with that

Birmingham away last season, Russell was exceptional, rounded it off with a goal at the end too. Wolves at home also, a terrific game from him.

1 player isn't usually the difference between 2 sides with the exception of Ince, Martin and Hughes who, we all agree, are a class above.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Birmingham away last season, Russell was exceptional, rounded it off with a goal at the end too. Wolves at home also, a terrific game from him.

1 player isn't usually the difference between 2 sides with the exception of Ince, Martin and Hughes who, we all agree, are a class above.

Fair points on them two games.... Think Hendrick can take the game by the scruff of neck too... Bryson has proved it too previous season before last. 

Matt Ritchie age 25 senior app 257 goals 53 

johnny russell age 25 senior app 214 goals 58 

so if matt Ritchie came up you wouldn't want to sign him coz he's got a worst record then russell! Russell's class end off so next topic

if he's that class why aren't half the premier league chasing him instead of Cardiff and Brighton? Pritchard I've not seen enough of to pass judgement 

Fair points on them two games.... Think Hendrick can take the game by the scruff of neck too... Bryson has proved it too previous season before last. 

I agree though in that Russell can sometimes be absent from games. He also suffers at times from poor decision making. If he had the footballing brain of Hughes, he'd be one of the best in the Premier League because he quite clearly posseses the technical ability, just his application is sometimes lacking...

In regards to Bryson, let's hope under Clement we see a return to form for him. 2013/14 Bryson was one of the best midfielders I have ever seen play for Derby!

I agree though in that Russell can sometimes be absent from games. He also suffers at times from poor decision making. If he had the footballing brain of Hughes, he'd be one of the best in the Premier League because he quite clearly posseses the technical ability, just his application is sometimes lacking...

In regards to Bryson, let's hope under Clement we see a return to form for him. 2013/14 Bryson was one of the best midfielders I have ever seen play for Derby!

think that's fair regarding footballing brain... If he put two and two together he would be a class player no doubt. Hope Bryson does rediscover his form

Few too many! I spoke to Johnny Russell outside Blundell Park and I asked him about moving to Cardiff and his reply was "Am I ****". Apologies :unsure:

Hahaha top lad Johnny!

Thanks for posting this though in all seriousness. If a player doesn't want to move, it's highly doubtful a move will materialise. Looks like we're keeping Johnny for the time being.

Just like will Hughes he's ment to be world class how come half of the prem ain't after him? Because derby don't want to sell we are trying to build instead of being like the old derby get a good player and just sell that's the reason because we r just not interested 

Probley caught him on the wrong day and time considering they just lost to grimsby mate they do not like losing like we dont hard to take mate

Think you misunderstood B4. Johnny was basically saying that he's not leaving, that's all. 

Now crack open the champagne!      :p

Just like will Hughes he's ment to be world class how come half of the prem ain't after him? Because derby don't want to sell we are trying to build instead of being like the old derby get a good player and just sell that's the reason because we r just not interested 

Could bring any number of column inches regarding Will Hughes, reliable and unreliable....

Cant find any on Russell 

Well Pritchard is 22 still and if your going down them lines are you saying Hendricks better then will Hughes coz villa have been linked with Hendricks and no other prem teams have been linked with Hughes this season? U chat b****** mate

You started the comparison game.... So I reckon "you went down them lines"

As for chatting bull s hit.... Only 99% of the time. All the time. So I'll give you that 

Could bring any number of column inches regarding Will Hughes, reliable and unreliable....

Cant find any on Russell 

well if there that reliable how come no offers have come in don't get me wrong Hughes is a great player and could cut it in the prem but even everybody has there off days and good days some games Hughes is no where to be seen but know body says owt about him and when he comes to strength u all take about Hendricks but Hughes is very light weight so even tho he's probs most valuable player in our team still shows every can have off days 

Johnny Russell over uses the nutmeg in his game. Very often him losing the ball when looking like trying to go through players is down to that. I used to be guilty of over using it myself. It can be very easy to mug players off with speed of thought & the skill to do it but if done too much it is picked up pretty quickly. A bit better coaching in making him retain the ball or turn back on himself occasionally would improve his game no end. 

Johnny Russell over uses the nutmeg in his game. Very often him losing the ball when looking like trying to go through players is down to that. I used to be guilty of over using it myself. It can be very easy to mug players off with speed of thought & the skill to do it but if done too much it is picked up pretty quickly. A bit better coaching in making him retain the ball or turn back on himself occasionally would improve his game no end. 

think about it he don't need the nutmeg just nock it and run not many defenders are staying up with russell tbf just needs coaching 

Archived