Why's it always doom and gloom with some Derby fans.

Curtains

Curtains, do you understand the concept of debate and opinion?

Supporters have thoughts on a particular matter, and they might be construed as positive by one supporter and negative by another.

The 'gambling with our future' topic is not a negative one, I'm merely opening a debate on the merits of throwing more money at something.

I'll tell you what I want as you said you didn't know what people wanted anymore. I want a level of success achieved within the budget of DCFC.

If I were offered:

a) a multi-billionairre businessman is prepared to come in and throw stupid money at the club getting around financial fair play and we go on to achieve huge Man City style success

or

b) we carry on budgeting within our means and flirt with the top flight and even possibly make it once in a while

then I'll take option B every time.

What you need is a happy medium. 

Its been proven over the years in Football that unless you speculate you never get anywhere .

Brian Clough spent money at Derby sometimes behind San Longsons back but he achieved lots for this club. 

Jim Smith spent big but he achieved a lot of success and I'm thankful for that. 

Lets just see what you mean by option B .Most likely never getting promoted and never getting Premiership windfalls.  

Success is not always built on prudence is it.  

Lets just see what happens and try not to deter the owners from spending as stagnation isn't an option. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​People having different opinions to you isn't them trying to upset you curtains, mate

I agree but I also don't like the fact that DCFC is still languishing in the Championship so as regards the new regime at DCFC I back it 100 percent.  

Don't mind anyone changing opinion. It was the way you dug yourself a mighty big hole about when you were challenged that's all...

What big hole.

I changed my mind about McClaren so I don't see how I could have been clearer. 

I want the new Manager to succeed and the owners.  

Football is fickle we all know that and Managers and Players come and go. 

DCFC will I hope always be here 

Relax curtains mate, it's only early June, there will be plans afoot we're not privy to, to ensure the new manager will have the best chance of success, he would have wanted certain assurances and wouldn't have signed if he didn't get them.

Enjoy your summer, there will be stuff happening between now and kick off in August. Mel hasn't upped his ante for more of the same, he wants to deliver Premier League football to the good people of Derby I'm convinced of it. :)

Good luck with th half marathon where is it I might cheer you on lol

Thank you... It's only jest half the time... Pride Park, London Road, Shardlow Road, Shardlow, Ambaston, Elvaston Castle, River Path then Pride Park finish

Thank you... It's only jest half the time... Pride Park, London Road, Shardlow Road, Shardlow, Ambaston, Elvaston Castle, River Path then Pride Park finish

Seriously good luck with it and it's for a good cause . 

No hard feelings 

Seriously good luck with it and it's for a good cause . 

No hard feelings 

Thank you... And seriously, there never any at all ever with anyone...

Its never all doom and gloom Curtains, its merely a coming together of chat and opinions. No one is more right than anyone else.....post your own personal insight and leave it at that. If people agree or disagree strongly they'll let you know with a like or a bit of criticism of your stance.

At the end of the day it dunna matter what others think, it makes no difference. We all love Derby County FC because we are Derby fans, we come together on here to discuss, debate and vent occasionally, because we care.

For every wristslasher there's a blindfaither......its natures way of getting stuff done. If we were all glass half empty types then we'd all give up, likewise if we were all glass full types we'd never challenge owt.

Look forward to the new season - new head coach who has fantastic credentials and seems to want to work with a sensible budget, 21,000 + season ticket holders virtually guaranteeing us a 30k average home gate. A South Stand full of scraves and flanges that may just encourage miserable owd buggers in the West Stand to join in getting behind the team! (yes, that includes you and RamNut)....

Since i was young.................

Its never all doom and gloom Curtains, its merely a coming together of chat and opinions. No one is more right than anyone else.....post your own personal insight and leave it at that. If people agree or disagree strongly they'll let you know with a like or a bit of criticism of your stance.

At the end of the day it dunna matter what others think, it makes no difference. We all love Derby County FC because we are Derby fans, we come together on here to discuss, debate and vent occasionally, because we care.

For every wristslasher there's a blindfaither......its natures way of getting stuff done. If we were all glass half empty types then we'd all give up, likewise if we were all glass full types we'd never challenge owt.

Look forward to the new season - new head coach who has fantastic credentials and seems to want to work with a sensible budget, 21,000 + season ticket holders virtually guaranteeing us a 30k average home gate. A South Stand full of scraves and flanges that may just encourage miserable owd buggers in the West Stand to join in getting behind the team! (yes, that includes you and RamNut)....

Since i was young.................

That's the one thing we all have in common we are Rams Fans and we all love Derby County. 

Good post Uttox. 

i'm not a miserable owd bugger....i'm an Ultra!

But Yorkshire does like to keep putting words into my mouth.

​And then there is plastic & blind wristslasher :bye:

Archived