U20 Toulon Tournament

RicME85

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Mostyn6 Agreed. Its something that has been inherently wrong with English football at youth level for a long time. The big strong athletic kids get picked over the smaller technical ones at this level but more often than not they hit a wall and dont continue to improve.

@Mostyn6 Agreed. Its something that has been inherently wrong with English football at youth level for a long time. The big strong athletic kids get picked over the smaller technical ones at this level but more often than not they hit a wall and dont continue to improve.

​it's been something I've had a bee in my bonnet about for about 10 years. I always refer back to 'Football Icon', where a contract was won at Chelsea. They tested all the footballing skills for a few days, showing some quality tekkers, then they did basically a race with the ball, with the slowest being cut. It was basically athletics with a football, more than football itself.

Has been pretty average in a very poor side.

No idea on what Boothroyd has asked him to do because he isnt really sitting in front of the defence like I would of expected, seems to be pushing up a fair bit which is exposing a very weak back line.

3-3 FT

Tidy goal from Akpom

​About the only bit of quality in the entire game.

It was like our 3-3 at Rotherham - absolute garbage.

Archived