Waiting for Newcastle result

wiseram

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

West Ham v Newcastle could end with both managers being sacked, carver and allardyce. Mcclaren has been linked with both.

Carver won't be sacked as he is only employed as a manager until the season end anyway but unsure what the implications are to his previous coaching role. Likewise Big Sam out of contract at season end unlikely to be renewed. I can't see Steve getting either job unless we sack him and he becomes free to other clubs i.e. no compensation 

Morning Deano.

Carver has been backtracking pretty hard ("best coach in the league") in recent weeks perhaps in an effort to retain his coaching role. Can't imagine he'd be kept on in any capacity, however, after so many bizarre pressers/comments and obviously terrible results. 

I think Hull have just a bit too much to do today which should leave the door open at PL-secured Newcastle for SM. Just had a browse on one of their forums and they're not exactly over the moon with the speculation...

Morning Deano.

Carver has been backtracking pretty hard ("best coach in the league") in recent weeks perhaps in an effort to retain his coaching role. Can't imagine he'd be kept on in any capacity, however, after so many bizarre pressers/comments and obviously terrible results. 

I think Hull have just a bit too much to do today which should leave the door open at PL-secured Newcastle for SM. Just had a browse on one of their forums and they're not exactly over the moon with the speculation...

​they're an angry disillusioned bunch. whether thats with the owner or with his succession of lack-lustre appointees is difficult to fathom.

Did McC ever say this specifically in public ?.

"McClaren has maintained that Newcastle’s interest was not a distraction or a factor in Derby’s collapse. He blamed key injuries – losing striker Chris Martin and midfielders John Eustace and George Thorne".

Did McC ever say this specifically in public ?.

"McClaren has maintained that Newcastle’s interest was not a distraction or a factor in Derby’s collapse. He blamed key injuries – losing striker Chris Martin and midfielders John Eustace and George Thorne".

Did he ever blame himself though? It's always someone else's fault.

If he had the opportunity to go back to March with the benefit of hindsight surely he would not do exactly the same things all over again? 

If he would then why would we want to keep a manager who's learned nothing.

If he wouldn't then by definition he's partly at fault and therefore must accept some blame.

As Descartes didn't say, I'm pink therefore I'm spam.

​"...it appears..."

​It's a phrase which is probably the only consistency in all of the 'reports'.

Everything at this stage is speculation. It is human nature to speculate, and then some people will readily accept such speculation as fact. If and when the speculation turns out to be wrong, it's always the fault of the goalposts. They were in the wrong place all the time.

​It's a phrase which is probably the only consistency in all of the 'reports'.

Everything at this stage is speculation. It is human nature to speculate, and then some people will readily accept such speculation as fact. If and when the speculation turns out to be wrong, it's always the fault of the goalposts. They were in the wrong place all the time.

​It's such a huge backtrack. The title says that Mel (or rather Candy Crush because that's better clickbait) IS to blame. Says it so emphatically. He IS to blame. 3rd paragraph suddenly it only appears that way..

If you showed a prehistoric caveman a speeding train, it would appear to be the most terrifying thing he'd ever seen and it would appear that the sun deity he worships has forsaken him. He couldn't be more wrong but it would appear that way to him.

Did he ever blame himself though? It's always someone else's fault.

If he had the opportunity to go back to March with the benefit of hindsight surely he would not do exactly the same things all over again? 

If he would then why would we want to keep a manager who's learned nothing.

If he wouldn't then by definition he's partly at fault and therefore must accept some blame.

As Descartes didn't say, I'm pink therefore I'm spam.

​Why would he go back and change his response? He did nothing wrong

​It's such a huge backtrack. The title says that Mel (or rather Candy Crush because that's better clickbait) IS to blame. Says it so emphatically. He IS to blame. 3rd paragraph suddenly it only appears that way..

If you showed a prehistoric caveman a speeding train, it would appear to be the most terrifying thing he'd ever seen and it would appear that the sun deity he worships has forsaken him. He couldn't be more wrong but it would appear that way to him.

Love it, the prehistoric caveman would have to 'appear' in the 20th century for this to happen

Archived