USA Return...... Silence

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Article from HITC 

Steve McClaren's future at Derby in doubt, with Paul Clement in line to replace him

HITC Sport understands Steve McClaren's future at DerbyCounty is in doubt, with Real Madrid's Paul Clement being lined up to replace him.

View image | gettyimages.com

HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club Steve McClaren's future at Derby County is shrouded in doubt, with Real Madrid's Paul Clement being lined up to replace him.

McClaren recently committed his future to Derby after he turned down the opportunity to take charge of struggling Premier League outfit Newcastle United.

Former England boss McClaren had figured prominently on Newcastle's wanted list of candidates ever since Alan Pardew left for Crystal Palace in December.

McClaren was thought to be offered the chance earlier this month to take charge of Newcastle for the final three matches of the season, as they looked to the former Middlesbrough manager to steer them to survival.

However, McClaren informed Derby officials he had no plans to take charge of the Magpies and planned to stay at Derby and lead their promotion bid next season.

However, HITC Sports understands Derby are ready to call time on McClaren's tenure after a disastrous run of form at the back end of the season put paid to their promotion hopes.

SEE ALSO: Report: Coach linked with Derby role but two things need to happen

Clement's own future at Real Madrid is in doubt as speculation surrounds Carlo Ancelotti's position at the Bernabeu, with the Spanish giants ending the season without any silverware.

Clement, who has been Ancelotti's assistant at Chelsea, Paris Saint Germain and Real, is thought to be keen to move into management in his own right and a number of clubs in England are thought to be admirers of the highly-rated coach.

Should Derby keep faith with McClaren?

List page image © Eamon Curry

Maybe the stuff they talked about isn't anything to concern the fans about?

Do we need to know absolutely everything that goes on behind closed does with the ownership tend management group?

maybe they are not going to respond to gossip and hearsay and wait until things become official?

maybe we are part of the everything now generation and if something is said on twitter or the internet sites we need an official statement from the club within an hour responding to whatever people say and create?

maybe we just need to wait.

Maybe the stuff they talked about isn't anything to concern the fans about?

Do we need to know absolutely everything that goes on behind closed does with the ownership tend management group?

maybe they are not going to respond to gossip and hearsay and wait until things become official?

maybe we are part of the everything now generation and if something is said on twitter or the internet sites we need an official statement from the club within an hour responding to whatever people say and create?

maybe we just need to wait.

Maybe the reason football fans forums exist is so that football fans can discuss football related issues, maybe? Or should we not discuss anything until you let us?? 

Maybe the reason football fans forums exist is so that football fans can discuss football related issues, maybe? Or should we not discuss anything until you let us?? 

Course not mate. Didn't mean it to come across like that. People can say what they want.

Course not mate. Didn't mean it to come across like that. People can say what they want.

Thanks the Lord you gave your permission. I almost suffocated while I held my tongue...

(I was about to finish that beautifully weighted sarcasm with a tirade of seriously offensive ****, offending every race, religion and the Oystons in one fell sweep, just because I apparently have permission to 'say what I want', but thought that may be crossing a line even KBB doesn't have the authority to bring me back from). 

Archived