Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

He had one great season and 1 good season. He scored 14 goals in 46 games. He is 26.

Ince is 23, has had 1 great season and 3 good seasons. Scored 11 in 18 games for us.

If Ince is worth £4.75m. I would suggest that Antonio's 2014 valuation of £1.5m has doubled but not quadrupled.

The only reason for signing him for that fee is to p1ss Forest fans off. I'm in. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is the world going mad? I do wonder sometimes

loos like mel Morris really does need to make a time machine his next big signing. What with the suggestions of Adam Hamill and peter wittingham coming up as well.

few more - ferrie bodde, mama sidibie, mido

Please don't shoot the messenger, but I heard from my uncle who is Bryson's Brother in Law that the big signing rumoured about is Fernando Torres....

I don't know if it's true but apparently from the mouth of Bryson. 

Can't see us needing another striker as I don't think Martin will go and I think Bennett deserves a chance. But that's what I heard.

Please don't shoot the messenger, but I heard from my uncle who is Bryson's Brother in Law that the big signing rumoured about is Fernando Torres....

Can't see us needing another striker as I don't think Martin will go and I think Bennett deserves a chance. But that's what I heard.

haha

not shooting the messenger, thanks for sharing, but I think your source might have been on nelson Mandelas crackabis if he thinks this might be true.

torres? Hope that time machine can make multiple trips and pick up fernando morientes at the same time.

He got Thorne right but I think this is way off the mark. Would be amazing but would never happen, wouldn't have thought he'd drop a league in any country. Even though he's adamant that's what he said. I still find it hard to even think about 

I'll have some of what your uncle's drinking

While I would be delighted to see the faces of everyone around Derby if that actually happened, specifically the people on this forum after you've posted it, this is a bit on the crazy side.

People could form some sort of argument supporting the idea of equally crazy levels based on Clement's connection to them, but to give some reasoning beyond just "LOL!!" I can't imagine Torres looks back on his time at Chelsea fondly, and I can't imagine him wanting to come back to England.

I've probably given this more time than it deserves but hey no-one can say I'm not detailed.

While I would be delighted to see the faces of everyone around Derby if that actually happened, specifically the people on this forum after you've posted it, this is a bit on the crazy side.

People could form some sort of argument supporting the idea of equally crazy levels based on Clement's connection to them, but to give some reasoning beyond just "LOL!!" I can't imagine Torres looks back on his time at Chelsea fondly, and I can't imagine him wanting to come back to England.

I've probably given this more time than it deserves but hey no-one can say I'm not detailed.

See, I wasn't gonna share this part as it looks like I believe it but...... The reason for him apparently coming here is that his reputation got shattered at Chelsea, he knows that if he took a backwards step to Derby and and was an absolute revelation (which he would be) then had a half season as Derbys best player in the Prem then he would have clawed it back.

again not saying I believe it.

See, I wasn't gonna share this part as it looks like I believe it but...... The reason for him apparently coming here is that his reputation got shattered at Chelsea, he knows that if he took a backwards step to Derby and and was an absolute revelation (which he would be) then had a half season as Derbys best player in the Prem then he would have clawed it back.

again not saying I believe it.

He's 31. He's still loved in Atletico despite not doing particularly well last year as a whole. I don't think anyone in that position would take such a huge gamble with their career. Plus I'd say at least half of prem teams would jump at the chance of getting him.

I completely agree. Pretty much word for word what I said to him

The problem we're all having really, to do with this "big" signing, is the definition of a "big" signing. 

I know a couple of people who seem to be ITK, who use the phrase. Nixon uses the phrase. Mel Morris apparently referred to it as a "wow" signing. But I've no idea what level of player constitutes those sorts of adjectives for a promotion chasing championship side. 

One of the better players of our rivals? (I'd argue Ince was that so in that case I'd say these descriptions are unfairly hyping the whole thing), A player good enough to play in a premiership team such as West Ham, Stoke, WBA? A player good enough to play for a top team? A player who already plays for a top team but maybe isn't getting games? I've no idea. My suspicion is that this will all peter out before we even get a whisper of who this player actually is, but I am utterly intrigued as to who it is and just how wow'ed I will be if it does happen.

The problem we're all having really, to do with this "big" signing, is the definition of a "big" signing. 

I know a couple of people who seem to be ITK, who use the phrase. Nixon uses the phrase. Mel Morris apparently referred to it as a "wow" signing. But I've no idea what level of player constitutes those sorts of adjectives for a promotion chasing championship side. 

One of the better players of our rivals? (I'd argue Ince was that so in that case I'd say these descriptions are unfairly hyping the whole thing), A player good enough to play in a premiership team such as West Ham, Stoke, WBA? A player good enough to play for a top team? A player who already plays for a top team but maybe isn't getting games? I've no idea. My suspicion is that this will all peter out before we even get a whisper of who this player actually is, but I am utterly intrigued as to who it is and just how wow'ed I will be if it does happen.

After all this is bound to be someone crap like Wilshere :whistle:

but it in all seriousness, you're right, "Big" can mean so many things. 

I I agree Ince was a "Wow" signing, I can only imagine it being a lower level Prem player but, is that "big" or "wow"? Or is Antonio that? Or Bamford or Byram I don't particularly see any of those as "wow"

What about the dm from Costa Rica that we were linked with? 

I don't remembered DM from Costa Rica side we were linked but I think you might have meant Gamboa who is at WBA(that one were linked to us)

Archived