Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure Joshua John has been mentioned - a winger from FC Nordsjaelland who used to be at Twente. I just wonder whether Uffe Bech who plays on the other side would be another that would be a possibility.  22 year old winger who appears to be around the Denmark National set up

Pretty sure someone could suggest Lionel Messi on here and it would get met with "No Thanks" by some of our fans.

But I just wanted to make some suggestions on signings see what peoples thoughts are?

RB- Andre Wisdom. No explanation needed. I just want him back.

CB- Shackell- We never should have let him go. We need a left sided centre half, we need experience, we need a leader. Hes a quality centre half.

CB- Wes Brown- Contract up at Sunderland. 35 years old. Been there done it and got the t shirt. Experienced beyond measure. Could be similar to QPR signing Dunne.

DM-Joey Barton- Horrible player. But we havent got any. Hes got bags of ability as well. Would love to see him in a 4-2-3-1 alongside Thorne.

CM- Gary Gardner. Was on loan at Forest last season and easily their best player. 

LB- Targett. This lad looks mustard. Behind Bertrand in the pecking order. Doubt we would sign him permanently but a season long loan could be an option.

CM- Alex Pritchard. If Hughes goes and Brentford dont go up id go all in for this lad. On loan at Brentford from Spurs. Spurs will probably strengthen quite a bit so he might not get in the side at Spurs. 12 goals this season. 

CM- Jem Karacan. This lad is a quality midfielder. Had a bit of bad luck with injuries but a very good player. Contract up in the summer so available on a free. Experienced of gettinh out of the division as well.

Winger- Knockeart. Not getting in Leicesters side much this season. But was brilliant for them when they got promoted. Experienced of getting out the league as well.

Winger- Ince. 11 goals in 17 games says it all. But Hulls result yesterday has put them right in the ****. So if they go down I cant see them wanting to sell him.

Winger- Ill get stick for this one. Big time. But if we miss out on Ince. Id go for Michael Antonio at Forest. I hate Forest. But this lad is quality. Pace, power, assists, goals. Unlikely to sell him to us. But id be tempted.

CF- If we sign Bent. We still need 1 more striker. We need 3 top strikers. Id go for Dwight Gayle at Palace. Nowhere near the squad at Palace at the minute and probably wont be next season either. Quick and scores goals. 

Id personally sell Hughes and Hendrick. I love Hughes. Best young player we have had at the club in the 22 years ive been going. But its time he got his move. I dont rate Hendrick. He has moments. But he doesnt have games. For a bloke his size he doesnt half go missing. I dont think £15 million for them is being unrealistic. That and selling a couple of others along with Mel Morris's funds mean we should have a bit of money to spend.

I also think Buxton will go as well.

These signing suggestions are based on us losing Hughes and Hendrick. 

Im also not suggesting we sign all of these players. Just some suggestions of players I think would improve us. I await the bashing and replies of "No Thanks" to come. 

I like the majority of those suggestions.

Agreed on all the back four. Good balance of experience, pace and we do have a chance of getting them in my opinion.

At this stage I feel reluctant to drop Albentosa because we've just splashed out half a mil on him but think we need to be ruthless. He would be on the bench.

Barton would be good experience. Depends if QPR are aiming to go straight back up, whether they can afford to or if they let him go.

Again, Karacan is a very good player, could see him in a 4-2-3-1 alongside Thorne.

Wouldn't be too interested in Knockhaert but that's just because I don't like his attitude. I would prefer Ince and one other (or 2 if Dawkins goes).

Gayle up front would give us another way of playing for sure. I assume we will buy Bent as we try to buy all our loan players regardless, but we still need 3 strikers. I would prefer Martin, Gayle and someone like Wood in Martin's image to do the dirty work and allow us to play the same way. When Bent came in this year everything changed.

I would be interested in most, but obviously FFP comes in so I would priorities Wisdom, Brown, Shackell, Targett, Karacan, Ince, Gayle, another striker. Looks like a lot but with others going.

(Also forgot to mention Barton's wages may be far too high).

Are you always so patronising?

​I am when you're willing to cast aside a player who has been incredible for this club for the past two years.

One of the main reasons this team has done so well over the past couple of seasons is the sense of harmony in the dressing room. Most new players that have come in have commented on it. If we discard 6/7 players at the start of next season and replace them with new players, this unity will be ruined and I can see the team quickly unravelling.

A few changes to strengthen certain positions is necessary but GK isn't one of them!

​I am when you're willing to cast aside a player who has been incredible for this club for the past two years.

One of the main reasons this team has done so well over the past couple of seasons is the sense of harmony in the dressing room. Most new players that have come in have commented on it. If we discard 6/7 players at the start of next season and replace them with new players, this unity will be ruined and I can see the team quickly unravelling.

A few changes to strengthen certain positions is necessary but GK isn't one of them!

He certsinly was incredible last season......i was incredulous.

Hardly going to name names . Plan was if we went up he'd of gone on loan to a championship club for the season.

​I don't understand this.

Roos wasn't trusted to start when Grant was injured. If Mac/Steele don't trust him to start for a couple of games around 6 months ago, why would they know put him ahead of Grant in the GK hierarchy and make him No 1 for next season?

​He had off days but name a player that didn't... Doesn't make him a bad player!

Your loyalty is commendable but he is a liability.

I think the unity is already knackered.....and that is partly way things did indeed unravel.

Archived