Time to start now for next season

plymouthram

Meeting with the players on Tuesday, got to be about where they go next? Lee Naylor, Zak Whitbread and John Eustace all out of contract should see them out the door. Too old and injury prone. There is other players out of contract this summer, so perhaps they might be shown the door. Players I would try and sell would be Cyrus Christie (Westham want him) Ryan Shotton and Conor Sammon. Try and get Tom Ince on an all season loan. Get a Rightback, Striker and a defensive midfielder in. Make sure they are just as good as what we already have or even better. Love to see us sign Tomas Necid this summer(will be a freebie, out of contract)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cyrus will bounce back from this no doubt. He was quality for a lot of the season. he just needed time out and I have every faith in him following a pre-season. Shotton, I am still a bit undecided about, but we have only just signed him, so he wont be going anywhere for a while. Sammon will leave when his contract expires.

The big question is ..... are we decided that the 4-4-3 system is best, given the players we have permanently?

if the answer is yes, then the Wide Forwards, yes that MIGHT include Tom Ince, have to start working hard when we dont the ball, and likewise as if we didnt already know we need a leader in the holding role. One thing I have noticed in the last few months is that derby fans all blaime the back 4 for our constant habbit of shipping 3 goals a game, despite the fact the midfield and forwards are offering zero protection. All you need to do is cast your mind back to when we were doing well, and remember how much work martin, Russell and the rest of the midfield put in to defending as a team, than the current shower we have been watching the last few weeks. This in term gives the back 4 and the goalkeeper confidence to do their own jobs properly in stead of havign to overcompensate for others.

Ince isn't a team player, he doesn't suit our style, Dawkins is a stayer I can only see him get better, Grant doesn't need replacing. We need a fit Thorne and Martin, nothing is broken, we just need our current players fit, major changes are not required

Me personal I would keep eutice about when he was first brought in he was not meant to be playing whole games but to help close out games.

I think we need at least 2 cdm so when 1 can not start we have a back up. One think is clear we need at least 2 new centrel midfield players if will huges this season but I am hoping we dont.

But I do think we need a new striker to help chris martin out. Maybe even two but one thing is for sure I think tom ince might one of them. But yet other yet to be seen.

But the players I can see sadly going I think keogh will gone in the summer and also maybe even crigh bryson but personal I would love him to stay just lost his confordance. 

I think jamie ward might be off also such a shame because when fit he still scores goals that for sure. 

I can see lee grant leaving in the summer maybe to the blades or another league one side. Even burton could be his new club.

Archived