Does Mac deserve this stick he's getting

Curtains

​But they had to work within the constraints of FFP,and they did pod out close to £8m,without even considering extra wages.With the failure to get into the play offs,I'm far from convinced that we won't need to sell a player at a decent profit in June to haul us back within limits.

Put all the eggs in one basket with Thorne I'd say and unfortunately he got a bad injury which took up all the allocated money FFP wise for that period .

Thorne I hope will return. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put all the eggs in one basket with Thorne I'd say and unfortunately he got a bad injury which took up all the allocated money FFP wise for that period 

​So,given that,how can you be questioning the board's financial backing subsequent to Thorne's injury?

​I think it's a myth that he's been backed incredibly at all! If anything, the backing has been quite average.

Loan players that have already had loans at Brighton, Forest and Birmingham - Hardly bank-breaking.

A couple of Premier league fringe-players or rejects and a player from the 3rd division.

If Clough had signed these players, people would've suggested he's been forced to sign rejects and loan players!

​£7m in the summer

​prove it.

​Its in the accounts published - did you forget to read Ramblur post that I quoted in the ther thread?

PBSE on purchases - ie after June 30th and up to the accounts being signed off show spending on new purchases to be £6.77m. Are you implying that they lied on the official accounts?

​Its in the accounts published - did you orget to read Ramblur post that I quoted?

PBSE on purchases - ie after June 30th and up to the accounts being signed off show spending on new purchases to be £6.77m. Are you implying that they lied on the official accounts?

​it's inconclusive what those new purchases mean! Could be land and property for all you know so stop trouble causing and watch the snooker ffs! lol

​it's inconclusive what those new purchases mean! Could be land and property for all you know so stop trouble causing and watch the snooker ffs! lol

​Ramblurs post is specifically talking about player registrations I'll quote it agin for you

"Post Balance Sheet Events" show that there were net proceeds on the sale of players' regs of £119,077 and that purchases came in at a staggering £6,777,057,incl League levy and agents' fees. Now normally I'd point out that,because the accounts were signed off in November, this couldn't include the Jan 15 window.However,because of the magnitude of the figure,I'm guessing this was inserted after submission to League for FFP (would have no bearing on 13/14 FFP).

All in all,I think a big vote of thanks is in order to our owners (and I withdraw the Q&A question -would be a bit churlish). 

I know ramblur doesnt state playe reg's again when talking about purchases but seeing as it is in the same sentence it would be a bit repetitive to state it again anyway,a nd it is stnadard practice not to.

​Clearly stated under "Player registrations" - "Purchases". Every year I always check the total additions of intangible fixed assets (players' regs) against what had been quoted in PBSE the year before,and it tallies. Also,because loanees aren't fixed assets (they only give value over the accounting period in question),they can't appear in this PBSE figure.Nigel's net spend during the whole of his tenure only equated to our last summer spend,and he,over time, had to reshape virtually the whole squad,as opposed to just adding to a pretty decent squad.

​So,given that,how can you be questioning the board's financial backing subsequent to Thorne's injury?

Because as we know some clubs disregard FFP and we stick to it ridgidly.

You can't make a sow out of a pigs ear. 

​Some clubs have been hit with transfer embargoes.

​Some clubs have been hit with transfer embargoes.

Should have said silk purse out of a sows ear. 

Some clubs have been hit with an embargo yes. 

So how can Mac be blamed after Thorne injury then as he had to work mostly with what he had. 

The players also need to be accountable. 

Should have said silk purse out of a sows ear. 

Some clubs have been hit with an embargo yes. 

So how can Mac be blamed after Thorne injury then as he had to work mostly with what he had. 

The players also need to be accountable. 

​That's an entirely different argument to one saying the board should have spent more.

Its on the accounts pst balance sheet events fr palyer registrations. I you look at the accoutns thread the details are in there - or read some of the posts youve ignored youll see where Ive quoted it

​That's an entirely different argument to one saying the board should have spent more.

I know and that's just the point .

The Thorne injury particularly as Eustace and Mascarell got injured caused a problem particularly with FFP in mind. 

Are you sure that we were on the limit of FFP and QPR have flouted it and made the Premier League. 

PS FFP has been relaxed somewhat hasn't it lol

Its on the accounts pst balance sheet events fr palyer registrations. I you look at the accoutns thread the details are in there - or read some of the posts youve ignored youll see where Ive quoted it

I don't believe everything I'm told lol

i don't believe politicians for example. 

If Keogh, Hendrick, Bryson, your beloved Omar ;) and others can get stick for us performing badly, McClaren deserves some stick for things like, not finding a consistent partner for Keogh to get used to, for playing Bryson far too deep and rendering him ineffective, for seemingly failing to get the players up for the fight towards promotion and other poor decisions he's made

I know and that's just the point .

The Thorne injury particularly as Eustace and Mascarell got injured caused a problem particularly with FFP in mind. 

Are you sure that we were on the limit of FFP and QPR have flouted it and made the Premier League. 

PS FFP has been relaxed somewhat hasn't it lol

​I can't be absolutely sure about anything regarding this year's FFP position,but looking at the changes this year versus 13/14,it looks dodgy to me.FFP wasn't relaxed for 14/15. QPR have yet (we hope) to face the repercussions.

If Keogh, Hendrick, Bryson, your beloved Omar ;) and others can get stick for us performing badly, McClaren deserves some stick for things like, not finding a consistent partner for Keogh to get used to, for playing Bryson far too deep and rendering him ineffective, for seemingly failing to get the players up for the fight towards promotion and other poor decisions he's made

He won't get stick from me.

He is a good manager in my eyes working with injuries and financial constraints 

Archived