Barker the club captain is ready to play

plymouthram

Went on Shaun Barker's Twitter site and he stated he now thinks he is ready to play.(this was 2 days old, he must have wrote it Sunday night) When did they fly out to Spain? Did Barker go with them? With Albentosa absent from last match, Buxton not quite fit yet, Whitbread now out for the season. Could it be possible that he might just make the bench for centrehalf cover.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Owen Bradley Barker did not feature for the u21s last night. So he speculated that it means maybe Barker has gone with the rest of the squad to spain. Rawson also did not feature for the u21 so he has almost certainly gone to spain with the squad as they weren't made aware of any injuries as far as I know.

You only have to look at his missus twitter feed to know Barker won't play again for us. This is the most telling amongst the Barker support retweets, she said "pleasure. mcclaren has made his position clear Hun. You concentrate on getting promoted. B x"

Be very surprised if we see him in the squad again, even with injuries at the back Hanson has been in the team recently, Rawson impressed whilst on loan. 

No he didn't. 

​Maybe you heard a different interview? He sounded categorical when asked on Radio Derby after the game.

In as many words he did. Asked if Barker was near the first team he said no. Asked if Barker could come on in a cameo he said no.

​Cheers!

PistoldPete2

​Maybe you heard a different interview? He sounded categorical when asked on Radio Derby after the game.

​Cheers!

I didn't hear the interview I read the quotes ... He said it wasn't very likely , nd the impression I got was that barker was in the shop window for other clubs. Sounds very negative and inappropriate, but I haven't seen him quoted he will never play this season. 

Fact is with whitbread , Buxton and co injured who knows?  Also I can't think of any reason why a cameo,role if there's nothing to play for should be ruled out.

i hate conspiracy theories, but my guess is that barker as club captain is too closely linked to the old regime, so not besties with either rush or mcclaren. 

​If he is not in Spain, why didn't he play for the under21s last night like Hanson did.

Because he had a knock other week I think against Newcastle under 21. 

Archived