Signed: Tom Ince

North_Stand_Ram

Tom Ince prediction   

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STEVE Bruce says he will do his utmost to keep Tom Ince at Hull City amid the ongoing interest from Championship rivals Derby County.

Ince's future hangs delicately in the balance this summer as the Rams  attempt to turn last season's superb loan spell into a big money signing.

A £5m release clause incerted in the deal that originally took Ince to the iPro Stadium leaves City vulnerable to Derby's advances but Bruce has stressed his desire to keep the winger .

"We don't want to lose Tom," said Bruce. "He's an incegral player in our plans for next season and not someone we want to sell.

Read more: http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-City-Steve-Bruce-says-Tom-Ince-incegral/story-26761428-detail/story.html#ixzz3eTjH3OLk 
Follow us: @hulldailymail on Twitter | HullDailyMail on Facebook

Wouldn't it be nice if Ince said to Bruce "No mate, you had your chance to play me and didn't rate me, you don't get two bites at this cherry. 

Even if he ends up elsewhere, Bruce needs telling, he's either trying to jack up the price to us or he's thinking Incey did well at Derby last season, we'll have some of that. Nob.

Wouldn't it be nice if Ince said to Bruce "No mate, you had your chance to play me and didn't rate me, you don't get two bites at this cherry. 

Even if he ends up elsewhere, Bruce needs telling, he's either trying to jack up the price to us or he's thinking Incey did well at Derby last season, we'll have some of that. Nob.

As i said earlier and others have pointed out,

This is Bruce trying to save face with the fans. Ince is gone, whether he comes to us (90%) or someone else he is gone. Bruce is just trying to save his dinner lady face. Failing, but trying.

STEVE Bruce says he will do his utmost to keep Tom Ince at Hull City amid the ongoing interest from Championship rivals Derby County.

Ince's future hangs delicately in the balance this summer as the Rams  attempt to turn last season's superb loan spell into a big money signing.

A £5m release clause incerted in the deal that originally took Ince to the iPro Stadium leaves City vulnerable to Derby's advances but Bruce has stressed his desire to keep the winger .

"We don't want to lose Tom," said Bruce. "He's an incegral player in our plans for next season and not someone we want to sell.

Read more: http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-City-Steve-Bruce-says-Tom-Ince-incegral/story-26761428-detail/story.html#ixzz3eTjH3OLk 
Follow us: @hulldailymail on Twitter | HullDailyMail on Facebook

Then why have a release clause in the original deal if you rate him that much?

Paul McShane who was released by Hull did an interview with the Irish Mirror about his departure and there were a couple of interesting lines:

"I was the longest-serving player there. I spoke to Steve, who said the club had no money to offer me. But I don't know... that's what was said to me. I said, 'OK, thanks. I'll move on."

Hull would surely have to offer Ince a new deal if he were to stay and you'd expect he'd get an improvement on his previous contract to persuade him to choose them over us. If they couldn't spare the money for McShane's wages, it's doubtful they could improve Ince's previous contract so dramatically he opts to stay.

So despite the parachute payments, maybe they are lacking money? Chairman maybe unwilling to give out huge wages? Also, Stephen Quinn is set to reject a new contract offer from Hull and will choose Reading instead. If Hull can't convince Quinn to choose them over Reading (who have fairly poor finances I believe) then surely they can't convince Ince to reject us and stay there

Paul McShane who was released by Hull did an interview with the Irish Mirror about his departure and there were a couple of interesting lines:

"I was the longest-serving player there. I spoke to Steve, who said the club had no money to offer me. But I don't know... that's what was said to me. I said, 'OK, thanks. I'll move on."

Hull would surely have to offer Ince a new deal if he were to stay and you'd expect he'd get an improvement on his previous contract to persuade him to choose them over us. If they couldn't spare the money for McShane's wages, it's doubtful they could improve Ince's previous contract so dramatically he opts to stay.

So despite the parachute payments, maybe they are lacking money? Chairman maybe unwilling to give out huge wages? Also, Stephen Quinn is set to reject a new contract offer from Hull and will choose Reading instead. If Hull can't convince Quinn to choose them over Reading (who have fairly poor finances I believe) then surely they can't convince Ince to reject us and stay there

Good find,

I think Hull have had it, to be honest. Unless they were straight up lying to McShane and not even trying with Quinn I don't see how they can mount a challenge next year, it will take new contracts and signings. Then again, the fee for Ince will give them some money. 

They'd have to spend it very very smartly though.

Good find,

I think Hull have had it, to be honest. Unless they were straight up lying to McShane and not even trying with Quinn I don't see how they can mount a challenge next year, it will take new contracts and signings. Then again, the fee for Ince will give them some money. 

They'd have to spend it very very smartly though.

If they manage to keep their central midfield together and stop playing that awful 5 at the back I think they could do well. Not heard much about Huddlestone leaving recently, doubt Hull will sack Livermore and no one would risk bidding for him with his situation and Diame is out injured for a month or 2 so could put people off and apparently Norwich bid £2 mil for him, which is miles of Hull's valuation I imagine. That midfield 3 could create chances for any decent Champ striker and would dominate most games (unless they're playing against Briductt, Thorne and Hughes :whistle:)

If they manage to keep their central midfield together and stop playing that awful 5 at the back I think they could do well. Not heard much about Huddlestone leaving recently, doubt Hull will sack Livermore and no one would risk bidding for him with his situation and Diame is out injured for a month or 2 so could put people off and apparently Norwich bid £2 mil for him, which is miles of Hull's valuation I imagine. That midfield 3 could create chances for any decent Champ striker and would dominate most games (unless they're playing against Briductt, Thorne and Hughes :whistle:)

Yeah but, if you have a proper gander at their forums. Bruce has never once wavered from that awful 5 at the back. Even in a must win game against Burnley last year. 

Unless they sack him, they'll be playing 5 at the back.

Archived