22nd biggest in England.

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Football is all about the fans? Globally, of course it is. Without the global fans, there are no TV deals, without TV deals there is no football simple as that.

But I meant fans in the stadium. The way fansin the UK - and only in the UK as nowhere else actually cares about this - is so much emphasis talked about crowds.

Why do people evn bother to discuss it? Does it make people feel proud because they share a building with more people than others?

We lost 3-0 and were awful but we took 2,000 to Brighton on a weeknight and that's all that counts... Proud. #NFFC

Losers.

In your head, football is all about how many people are watching on TV and not about who's actually there? That is a load of bull, and you know why that's a load of bull?

Because deep down you would love to be the iPro, full of Derby fans and a crackin atmosphere, which is the whole point of a spectator sport.

Watching streams and keyboard warrioring is all fine and dandy if you can't attend matches through distance or other reasons, but don't try and make out its better than actually being there in person.

Bigger, better crowds is important to fans in UK, and I'm proud of Derby and our attendances, it makes fans of other club's jealous, maybe you just like being alone?

Simpson, McClaren & the players have all said how important to the team performance the crowd can be. Financially, in the premier league the crowds are not as important but as an extra spur, an incentive a large SUPPORTIVE crowd can bring that little bit extra out of the players. Am I on the right subject? Not read the whole thread.

To me, Derby County are the biggest club in the world - always have been and always will be.

It doesn't matter what anyone else says or thinks.

Bris, why don't you just play FIFA instead if that's all football means to you.

To me it's all about friends, family, beers, atmosphere, fun. A day out with my fellow Derby supporters uniting to support my team.

Its so much more fun when there's a lot of us creating a din. No tinpottyness.

Bris, why don't you just play FIFA instead if that's all football means to you.

To me it's all about friends, family, beers, atmosphere, fun. A day out with my fellow Derby supporters uniting to support my team.

Its so much more fun when there's a lot of us creating a din. No tinpottyness.

Just to add to the debate, ex-pats and other non attendees can never feel the electricity generated by fashionista beards in the concourse of the South Stand. 

You just don't get that level of involvement watching TV.

Archived