El Crapico

Day

Daveo you are getting confused between best league and best brand. No-one is doubting that the premier league is the best brand because it is marketed everywhere. One of the major factors for the viewing factors is asia. Big Premier league games are broadcasted around midday which allows the fans in china, japan etc to watch it. Big games in other leagues though are at night so the asian people are sleeping so less viewing figures not to mention that that they need to pay for coverage in other leagues meanwhile they get premier league coverage for free. Anyway Daveo I'm not saying that the atmosphere was amazing during el classico yesterday because I wasn't there and only watched it on sky, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did turn down the crowd volume. They have done this is the past most notably in scottish football with celtic and in the premier league with crystal palace(because they sing anti-sky sports and premier league songs). They probably turned it down so you could hear the commentary because I noticed the dramatic fluctuation in sound regularly last night.

​I'm not getting confused, the time zone doesn't wash with me either as if there was genuine interest in La Liga and Bundesliga out in Asia there would be TV deals to show full game replays later. Money talks, but not TV broadcaster will pay it if there isn't enough interest, why isn't there interest in what you think is the best league in the most watched sport in the world? 

The reason Sky turn the crowd volume down at certain games is offensive chants, not because it's too noisy. I never noticed any dramatic fluctuation, I'd have your TV checked out, sounds like it's about to conk out

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see the Prem not being competitive, in the last 15 years we've seen Man Utd (7), Man City (2), Chelsea (3), Arsenal (1) all win it, in that time Liverpool have finished 2nd in 3 seasons and genuine title contenders.

The start of the season if you asked the question who would win the Premier League, take away Arsenal and you would have had a mixed bag of 4 clubs as the answer, I know some will question Liverpool but look how close they came to winning it last season, would be silly to write them off.

Ask who will win La Liga, Real or Barca......Atletico again if you push it.

Bundesliga? Bayern....whilst nobody would have predicted the Dortmund slump would anyone seriously have them down as contenders? nah.

4 winners in the last 15 years?

10 years shared between 2 clubs? 

Rather watch the Championship. I do.

When people say "premier League" they surely don't mean the likes of Hull, Sunderland and Co?

I've seen them. They're boring. Better entertainment in the Championship. I follow what league Derby are in. 

Tune in to Barca and Real games. Watch a bit of Serie A and Bayern.  

Why the whole world wants to pick a best league though I'm not sure. 

One of the most exciting matches I've seen this season was Bournemouth v Derby!! 

For quality you won't see better than Real Madrid v Barcelona though. 

"Best league in the world" is just part of the branding. The PL Is a massive brand.

Nike could release trainers made from toilet tissue and it'd sell. 

Nobody gives Serie A a mention, and fair enough it isn't as fast and exciting as the PL or and controlled and deliberate as La Liga.

How so you explain how well they're doing in Europe? Roma getting knocked out by Fiorentina and Juventus destroying Dortmund. Must be doing something good?  But what? no one watches it.

Just to add one thing in - I actually feel the grounds in the UK are a lot more conjusive to better atmospheres. Fans are closer  to the pitch, stadiums fuller etc. turn on any Italian game and the front row of the stand is 30 yards away, turn on half of Spanish matches and it's 20 yards, turn on most Prem grounds and even the new ones it is only 5-10 yards.

Just to add one thing in - I actually feel the grounds in the UK are a lot more conjusive to better atmospheres. Fans are closer  to the pitch, stadiums fuller etc. turn on any Italian game and the front row of the stand is 30 yards away, turn on half of Spanish matches and it's 20 yards, turn on most Prem grounds and even the new ones it is only 5-10 yards.

Average attendances overall (home and away) La Liga v Premier League, Burnley average higher than the rest of La Liga outside the top 6, more Sunderland fans have watched their team play this season than Atletico Madrid. I'm sure I read on in how La Liga have better attendances....

Screen_Shot_2015-03-25_at_07.47.18.thumb

Screen_Shot_2015-03-25_at_07.48.25.thumb

Screen_Shot_2015-03-25_at_07.47.18.thumb

Screen_Shot_2015-03-25_at_07.48.25.thumb

Typical premier league fan post :D. This is the biggest game on earth whether you like it or not with the best players in the world in the best league in the world

Yep. 

It doesn't matter how good Sky say it is it still doesn't make Palace v West Bromwich one of the best games in the world. And that's what they claim. The best league. 

How many times have you got bored of MOTD towards the end. 

The Championship has been more exciting than any of them. Why hasn't thar got a mention? Because of the lack of quality? If it's quality you want then La Liga is better than the Prem. If it's excitment you want then the PL Is faster than La Liga but still slower than the English lower leagues.

It's a daft claim by any of them. It's just the motto of the PL brand that Sky sell.

The only way to judge who has the best teams is in Europe. That's the only way. 

the best league?  It's all ******.

Follow your own team and pick the best games from around the world. Don't see why you need to be like kids arguing which is better between playstation and Xbox. If you like Halo then it's an Xbox. No good getting a PS4 is it? I wouldn't go and say the playstation is better than Xbox. It just suits me more. 

Call them fan boys don't they? It's bizarre. 

In European competition think Spain have 4 left? Italy had maybe 5 in the last round but Roma were knocked out by Fiorentina. So what is the PL the best at? 

Simple. Selling. It's the richest. 

Yep. 

It doesn't matter how good Sky say it is it still doesn't make Palace v West Bromwich one of the best games in the world. And that's what they claim. The best league. 

How many times have you got bored of MOTD towards the end. 

The Championship has been more exciting than any of them. Why hasn't thar got a mention? Because of the lack of quality? If it's quality you want then La Liga is better than the Prem. If it's excitment you want then the PL Is faster than La Liga but still slower than the English lower leagues.

It's a daft claim by any of them. It's just the motto of the PL brand that Sky sell.

The only way to judge who has the best teams is in Europe. That's the only way. 

the best league?  It's all ******.

Follow your own team and pick the best games from around the world. Don't see why you need to be like kids arguing which is better between playstation and Xbox. If you like Halo then it's an Xbox. No good getting a PS4 is it? I wouldn't go and say the playstation is better than Xbox. It just suits me more. 

Call them fan boys don't they? It's bizarre. 

In European competition think Spain have 4 left? Italy had maybe 5 in the last round but Roma were knocked out by Fiorentina. So what is the PL the best at? 

Simple. Selling. It's the richest. 

But Alpha, rightly or wrongly, prem teams by and large don't care less about the Europa League so you cannot use that as a barometer. The Champions League, we may be having a lean couple of years but go back three or four years and we were dominating it. Goes in cycles.

Premier League hands down for me because the lower level games generate an excitement for me.  Oh and when you watch a recorded version of the Football League show, I bet you switch that off once the top few teams in the Champ have their goals shown!

Yeah I do switch off. But that's my point. 

Do you really enjoy Sunderland v Palace? Newcastle v Stoke more than Getafe v Bilbao? 

But i'm not saying that the Getafe game is better. I'm saying Bayern Munich v Dortmund is better. That even Derby v Bournemouth might be better.  

They say it's the best league in the world but why? 

Watch MOTD and then watch Bundesliga highlights.  What's the difference apart from presentation? 

I only mentioned European competition because that's the only time they go head to head against counterparts.  It doesn't really have anything to do with which league is enjoyable. 

I watched Dutch football for a while and unless it's changed I'd recommend it. Its fairly quick, it's on the floor, and attack is the way to defend. If I said that was the best then what would the argument be? 

I just pick and choose games from all over the place. I'll watch the best PL games, the best Spanish and Italian games. El Classico is probably the best in between the acting. It's fast, has the best players and the players do things you won't see anywhere else. The precise passing!! Amazing

The only reason I'd sit through Newcastle v Stoke is because I'm English. If I was Spanish I'd be sitting through Getafe v Deportivo. If I wanted to watch the best game I'd pick another league where better teams are playing each other.  Like in Germany it was 1st v 3rd at the weekend. Bayern lost 2-0. 

Archived