Gerrard sent off after coming on at HT in his last Man U vs Liverpool game

Curtains

​twice in two posts you mention he could've, but bottled a move to a 'big club'. You even suggest Chelsea were a "real big club" back when they'd only won ONE Premier League title, at a time when Liverpool were about to go to another Champions League final... Hmmm.

I don't know where to start ridiculing you first, so I won't bother.. Liverpool are a bigger club than Chelsea, and once the ill-gotten gains of the Russian mafia are no longer available, then Chelsea will slowly slip back down to their rightful place, well below Liverpool.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Was a youngster at West Ham, Chelsea didn't even win the Premier League till 4 seasons into his stay there and only won it 3 times in his 14 years at the club. 47 of his 147 goals were Penalties but as a Derby fan you should know they are not guaranteed goals, still got to stick them away.

​Liverpool USED to be a big club...they certainly are not now.... There is at least 1 and easily 2 generations of football fans (in Liverpool) that have never seen Liverpool win the English top division.. the last time they won it was 1990...... 25 years ago....when we were still using Gameboys, pagers and portable CD players were the cutting edge of technology.

They aren't as big as a club as Chelsea now and as you say, as long as Mr Abramovic hangs around they will never be able to compete with them.

He bottled a move to Chelsea, and took the easy route....no one can deny that...Chelsea, with Jose were obviously going places, buying the best players around and he could have been part of it, but he crapped himself and instead played Liverpool off against them and got himself a big fat raise.......which helped him out in fighting his legal cases for beating an innocent man to a pulp in a nightclub......but lets not mention that eh....after all, he is a legend.......

​Bale isn't as good as Ronaldo either....

Gerrard is a bottler....he had the chance to move to a big club but completely crapped himself and decided to play it safe and stay at that rotten hole. Players like Fat Frank and Ashley Cole, you can slag them off all you like (and i LOVE slagging off Fat Frank) but at least they had the balls to take the big move and bite the bullet.....Gerrard will always regret it and always be a loser because of it.

Gerrard inspired that CL final win? Nonsense.

He played his part admittedly, but nowehere was it as big as both Milan's 10 minutes of madness or Dudek's contribution where he bailed them out over again - not least in the shootout.

Not to mention Smicer, Alonso and Hamann.

But Gerrard is the poster boy. He can't do no wrong, until he pulls on an England shirt and constantly gives the ball away. He can do thunderous tackles, 60-yard hollywood passes and score belters - the three attributes which make players worldclass in the minds of English football fans and media.

I think he was a very good player, but not half overhyped and overrated. I can name at least 40 better central midfielders over the past 10 years.

Gerrard inspired that CL final win? Nonsense.

He played his part admittedly, but nowehere was it as big as both Milan's 10 minutes of madness or Dudek's contribution where he bailed them out over again - not least in the shootout.

Not to mention Smicer, Alonso and Hamann.

But Gerrard is the poster boy. He can't do no wrong, until he pulls on an England shirt and constantly gives the ball away. He can do thunderous tackles, 60-yard hollywood passes and score belters - the three attributes which make players worldclass in the minds of English football fans and media.

I think he was a very good player, but not half overhyped and overrated. I can name at least 40 better central midfielders over the past 10 years.

Archived