Maybe McClaren is as stubborn as Nigel.

Mostyn6

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Something we were discussing the other day.

If you only have one player (Martin) that can play a certain role, It makes sense to alter the formation and play to the strengths of the replacements if and when he is injured or unavailable.

Forsyth and keogh are the only two that haven't got dropped this season, one is the captain.

is he stubborn, yes probably because he believes in his team and his coaching, but I'm not sure how this could create a divide in the team ?

I heard a lot of people calling Clough stubborn.

i heard people calling him arrogant.

now we have people calling SM stubborn

what they really mean is the manager isn't doing what they would do.

What some of us are saying is that if you try something and it doesn't work, try something else.

​The only thing I will say is that there is plenty of comments that it could be all the changes that are disrupting the confidence. Yet things should be changed every time something isn't working?

As for Warnock, the guy signed clearly knowing he was back up to a player who had played every game up until he signed and had done so in the previous season. If Forsyth was to get injured now it would prove to be far from a pointless signing.

Not at all. But how long has Martin been injured? Yet it took till Friday to realise that we haven't got another forward that can do the same job and that we need to change the formation. 

Archived