Jamie Hanson

Animal is a Ram

​totally agree, Hendrick should be in there instead of Hanson.

Where are all these people who were crying out for Albentosa to start because he was "class"....he was "in the la liga team of the week"....he will "be our new Igor" etc etc etc.....turns out, he is getting pulled all over the place by very average strikers in Vossen and Bamford....

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I though Hanson did well.

Did his job which was to cover the back 4 and keep it simple (besides his great pass to Ince the almost resulted in a goal) however some of the criticism he is getting for me is unwarranted. To see no movement ahead of you and two walls of red gives him little chance to play it forward, to get little or no help from the front players tracking back gives him a mountain to do on his own. 

For or those saying Hendrick should replace him, I'd say (besides Hendrick being a better right back than Cristie) is that sitting Hendrick next to Hanson in a defensive 433 shores up the back completely. Yes you loose a little going forward but starting from a solid base should instil more confidence going forward. 

Again, home debut, for a young player, in a team lacking confidence and quality, against the best defence in the division, I thought he did well. 

For me he was by far the better of the two at the back. Most of his headers were clear, which is the point. His passes in the main were to a white shirt. He didn't get bullied or out jumped all night like Keogh. Yes, he can improve, but for me is already the number 1 CB we have. 

​I think I largely agree with that, although I think that Bucko is arguably still our best central defender - at defending.

I thought that he was calm, but largely unadventurous. His passing (apart from the repetitive long ball to the full-back marking Ince all game which was an obvious team ploy) was precise, and a couple of dinked headers to Hanson were quality.

The idea of the CDM is not just to tackle and shield the back four, he should be starting moves off, pushing the team forward....in my opinon to play this role you should be one of, if not the best player on the pitch, and when played well it is easy and very very effective. As soon as Omar, Eustace or Thorne are fit then i would play all of the ahead of Hanson...who i would probably play ahead of Albentosa.

Our defensive record of 41 against is up there with everybody's if not better. Buxton and Keogh understand each other and have got us that record. Bucko got 2 cracking headers last time out and adds spirit and heart. I sometimes think Macca makes changes to justify his signings. There can be no time for experimentation now. I would throw in a comment about never replacing Brayford but off to work now!

I suspect the reason he didn't look forward much, was that he was told to do the simple stuff. Head it, clear it, pass to someone in white. However, as most of the midfield was being dominated by the two holding Middlesbrough players, it was either a long ball into the channels, or back to Keogh/Albentosa.

Our defensive record of 41 against is up there with everybody's if not better. Buxton and Keogh understand each other and have got us that record. Bucko got 2 cracking headers last time out and adds spirit and heart. I sometimes think Macca makes changes to justify his signings. There can be no time for experimentation now. I would throw in a comment about never replacing Brayford but off to work now!

Archived