The Defense

Lord_Ram

weve been flooding a lot of goals recently, we were on a run of about 7 cleansheets in 10 games and now weve conceded plenty in a few games

the results from:

- february:

- Derby 4 - 1 Bolton

- Bournemouth 2 - 2 Derby

- Derby 1 - 2 Reading

- Rotherham 3 - 3 Derby

- Derby 3 - 2 Wednesday

- Derby 2 - 0 Charlton

- Fulham 2 - 0 Derby

- March:

- Brighton 2 - 0 Derby

- Derby 2 - 2 Birmingham

excluding , thats 3 wins in the last 9 games

16 goals conceded in 9 games, 11 in the last 6, midtable form

weve been relying on our attack to bail out our defence a lot recently, but we found out last season that that tactic doesnt work, but whats been the problem, whats changed thats caused us to concede so many, is it the absence of a defensive unit through eustace, have we bottled it, or are we getting complacent?

oh, and this isnt an 'its all doom and gloom, were not even going into the playoffs, were completely **** thread', its a sensible and valid point that i felt is in deserve of a thread for discussion

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would argue that the defence has been poor all season. Martin holds it up and gives them a better outlet, and Grant was pulling off a couple of Worldy saves a game. Take Martin out, and add a dip in Grants form, and this was always going to happen. 

Juggles defenders around almost every week, and leaves one common denominator.

PistoldPete2

Defence was not at fault for either of the goals today. Poor pass by Hendrick, poor challenge by ince and poor decision by the ref. 

The defence was jittery all game.

i think the constant chopping and changing is not helping.

christie in , christie out , christie back in, christie out again, then christie back in again.

shotton in at full back, shotton out, shotton in at centre back, shotton out, shotton back in at full back, shotton out again.

bucko in, then out , then in , then dropped having done nothing wrong.

now the spanish diick pratley comes in. Out in a couple of games?

no wonder confidence is dodgy.

keogh and buxton. Then leave it alone.

christie in , christie out , christie back in, christie out again, then christie back in again.

shotton in at full back, shotton out, shotton in at centre back, shotton out, shotton back in at full back, shotton out again.

now the spanish **** pratley comes in. Out in a couple of games?

now the spanish **** pratley comes in. Out in a couple of games?

your campaign against keogh has gone too far.

after about 2 minutes today he turned and passed back to Grant, and clearly the crowd nearby had a go at him.

he then turned and had a go back at the Derby fans....which is something i've never seen before.

a derby player visibly angry and upset with the home fans....and after only 2 minutes of the game?

for gods sake get off his back.

everyone.

he may have flaws, but he is the captain and is still probably the best option.

Look the whole defence requires a shake up  - we cannot defend set pieces, another one today!

Sooooooooo fragile and we going into the next few games were the opposition do score for fun!

But that is a summer job and to be fair the Brummies never looked like scoring 1 never mind 2.

Archived