Some thoughts

Albert

Today was not fun. I don't really know how else to put it. The players failed to defend a 2 goal lead minutes into injury time. It's worth 

​I am getting really tired of this ridiculous, inane and quite frankly arrogant nonsense being bandied about by people who put little to not thought into what's actually happening in the Championship this season. 

This is not the "weakest Championship", "worst Championship", "sausagest Championship" or however you want to phrase your veiled attack on the side, it's arguably the strongest we've seen in a very long time. A weak division is more likely to be dominated outright by one or two sides who run away with it, and nobody can touch. This season there are literally 4 teams on dead equal points with 10 to play, with a further 4 who at this point would genuinely believe they're still in with a chance. On top of that, many "favourites" to do well this season, teams that people believed would be at the top end of the division have fallen flat on their faces. 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that post went entirely poorly too. Can't edit it either. 

In any case...

From the first paragraph: It's worth pointing out that the referee is the one to decide when the game ends, and even if people are aggrieved by the time added on, he was completely within his power to keep playing if he saw fit. 

In any case, this is a side that is, as the table stands today, equal top with 3 others with 10 games to play, and playing against others in that battle for the top in the weeks to come. Whether or not you want to view this as a positive or negative point at this point is your own choice. At the very least we have our fate very much in our hands, and as the league table shows we're up their with the best in what has arguably been the strongest Championship in a very long time. 

PistoldPete2

I don't think its the Ref who decides who much stoppage time it's the fourth official. He said three minutes... The ref found 7 minutes. how many injuries were there in the first three minutes... None . How many subs? None. 

I think the ref would have played on until Birmingham scored, given them free kicks and penalties to help them on their way. And let them foul our players without free kicks or bookings. 

We should have won midweek, hammered them. Didn't score but certainly should have. Today, cruising into the 90th min. Ship two rubbish goals. Almost the sum of their attacks. 

Are we in a rough run of things? Of course! 

But... Boro dropped all 3 against F***** today! Bournemouth are off the back of an awful run. The season is long and tough, and we are missing several key players. I heard on the radio some c*** "fan" having a go at Keogh, and Keogh having a go back. How embarrassing is that? 

Runs like this is why it's important to *have* good runs (which we evidently have). 

I don't think its the Ref who decides who much stoppage time it's the fourth official. He said three minutes... The ref found 7 minutes. how many injuries were there in the first three minutes... None . How many subs? None. 

I think the ref would have played on until Birmingham scored, given them free kicks and penalties to help them on their way. And let them foul our players without free kicks or bookings. 

The two promoted sides from last season I think would still be way clear if they played this time around, not sure we have been up to last seasons levels yet we are higher up at present so on balance would say the league is weaker this time around without anyone having the quality to run away with it rather than a lot of top quality teams all together, it seems to be teams slipping up left right and centre against sides who are very near the bottom in many cases.

Archived