This weekend...

Derbyram1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see the top 6 changing on a game by game basis right down to the wire. Different teams have gone on runs and had blips at different times. It's the most exciting championship season for a very long time. The best we can do is take each game on its own merit and try to get the win. A couple of defeats on the bounce has meant that we haven't been able to extend a lead at the top. It's not the end of the world but we need to go on a run now to make sure we don't lose ground on the teams on form.

I'm not enjoying it to be perfectly honest...

​Odd logic. i'd fancy Bournemouth to beat Fulham, Norwich to comfortably win against Millwall and Forest to take a point or even all three against Boro.

So a win against Brum would probably leave us pretty much where we are.

This is great to be a part of, every game for every team is huge, the game by game changes in mentality are massive.

After Saturday, Norwich, Boro, Wolves and Watford - what are people expecting from that? 7 points I'd take. 

Looking at Boro's fixtures, Forest, us, Norwich, Bournemouth and Watford their next 5 away trips. If they stay in the top 2 after that they deserve to go up. 

This is great to be a part of, every game for every team is huge, the game by game changes in mentality are massive.

After Saturday, Norwich, Boro, Wolves and Watford - what are people expecting from that? 7 points I'd take. 

Looking at Boro's fixtures, Forest, us, Norwich, Bournemouth and Watford their next 5 away trips. If they stay in the top 2 after that they deserve to go up. 

The positive to take from the last two defeats is that it underlines how difficult it is to stay at the top with the pressure you get put under. Bournemouth couldn't sustain it, we couldn't, can Boro? Everyone's talking about Norwich as if they are somehow nailed on for automatic, but let's see how they, or Watford, handle being at the top if they get there.

It's a totally different mindset than being in third or fourth when you're chasing as in those positions you haven't anything to lose. Once you're on top you are there to be shot at and with nowhere to go but down. The mental pressure on the players is immense, especially as with it being so tight every single goal matters in some way.

This season has shown there are no teams that are much better than everyone else, as was the case last year. We are no better overall than any of the top four, and vice versa. That's what makes it so tense and so exciting. I imagine we will see the top change hands a few times before May.

​Yes it would RR!

To be honest, before I spout such cr@p I ought to check my stats and numbers, I have an idea in my head of who is where and on what points, which obviously wasn't entirely accurate, so thanks for pointing that out @Rodley Ram and apologies to @Derbyram1 whose maths is clearly better than mine.

In my defence, it was written prior to yesterday on the reasonable assumption that Norwich weren't going to lose at home to Wigan and therefore could have started above us! 

I'm off to find a dark room.

Archived