DCFC YouTube GoPro

SamUltraRam

Just looking at the excellent 'behind the goal' footage for Sheff Wed game on YouTube - Derby County Football Club.

Noticed 2 things :

1) Jake Buxton doesn't appear to head it for the 2nd goal - it looks like it hits the back of the defenders head

2) Any doubters about whether there was contact on Ince by the goalkeeper for the penalty. Watch the reaction of the keeper afterwards - guilty as sin & no protests - but angry with his defenders

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right, opposition goalkeepers will be able to watch the videos and study our spot kicks. But I think that they will probably look somewhere other than another teams fan forum. Who knows, maybe they'll take out a Ramplayer subscription!

Yes I know, perhaps I was a bit too subtle. What I wanted to say was that with today's technology it's so easy to find every single penalty, shot, pass, save, body swerve............. Everything is studied in minute detail. At Derby I believe that it's McClaren's son who does the analysis. We can freely post whatever we want, I don think that Mourino is studying our posts to prepare for next year

​We're talking at cross-purposes. Sadly for DCFCFans, the forum's not important to the opposition. But every team we play seeks to gain an advantage and analysing our penalties is one way they'll do that. A pioneering use of technology of course by our very own Eric Steele several years ago at Man U, as Ben Foster commented;

“We have done a lot of research into the way each player is going to put their penalty,” Foster said after the game. “We went into the shootout as well prepared as possible. We have had things to look at over the last couple of days and before the shootout you can see me looking at an iPod with Eric Steele. It had actual video on it and showed where players put things. It is a new innovation for us. Eric brought it when he came to the club. I have never seen anything like it. It is a fantastic tool for us.

The GoPro cameras are surely a private Derby training tool. The club shouldn't make the penalty footage public.

​We're talking at cross-purposes. Sadly for DCFCFans, the forum's not important to the opposition. But every team we play seeks to gain an advantage and analysing our penalties is one way they'll do that. A pioneering use of technology of course by our very own Eric Steele several years ago at Man U, as Ben Foster commented;

“We have done a lot of research into the way each player is going to put their penalty,” Foster said after the game. “We went into the shootout as well prepared as possible. We have had things to look at over the last couple of days and before the shootout you can see me looking at an iPod with Eric Steele. It had actual video on it and showed where players put things. It is a new innovation for us. Eric brought it when he came to the club. I have never seen anything like it. It is a fantastic tool for us.

The GoPro cameras are surely a private Derby training tool. The club shouldn't make the penalty footage public.

Archived