Paying taxes/tax refund

AmericanRam

Went to a local tax office place here in Des Moines this morning to file them for the past year.Let us just say...I believe Uncle Sam is ripping me off as my estimated refund the lady gave me is not even close to what I think it should be.

How does UK do tax refunds? Are their several different services you can use? Also...do you feel you have gotten ripped off in the past? I understand the need for paying taxes...but anyway.

I donated to a couple charities as well.Just frustrated with the whole tax refund process as usual.

Thanks for any feedback,just curious.Gotta get back to work.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to a local tax office place here in Des Moines this morning to file them for the past year.Let us just say...I believe Uncle Sam is ripping me off as my estimated refund the lady gave me is not even close to what I think it should be.

How does UK do tax refunds? Are their several different services you can use? Also...do you feel you have gotten ripped off in the past? I understand the need for paying taxes...but anyway.

I donated to a couple charities as well.Just frustrated with the whole tax refund process as usual.

Thanks for any feedback,just curious.Gotta get back to work.

The UK has the longest tax code in the world, what do you think?

Most Americans in my experience seem to be outraged by tax, good job they don't live in Europe.

By the time that comes to light I'll be living in my Eagle's Nest home up in the Alps planning world domination. They can sing for it at that point :)

I thought I would too.

I wasn't.

Also irks me in regards to my 401(k) as most library jobs are hard to come by,and the ones I have had,I have had to leave due to different reasons.Saving for retirement is of course very important,so we will see if this job in Iowa becomes permanent.

If not,something hopefully will come along in that regard.

Archived