Who's going to miss out on the bench?

SamUltraRam

Loan window opens next week, Bennett and Dawkins out on month loans maybe?

Yep, spot on. Bennett with a view to getting games, and Dawkins with a view to a move in summer.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People might not be happy with their playing time and unhappy players are never good. If we keep winning though, that shouldn't be a problem.

That's all part and parcel of football though. A manager has to experiment to find his best combination of players. Lingard is versatile and a great addition to our squad in my opinion.

How does having extra quality within the squad do any damage whatsoever?

Lack of playing time breeds discontent, even if you're winning. Players want to play not sit.

I don't think this will be a problem. The players look to enjoy them selfes and edge each other on. Mclaren has been at Manchester united etc so I'm sure he'll know how to deal with them.

He seems a fair manager you think you're better then what we have? Show us. If you put in a bad performance you'll give up your position. I remember the days of the worst bench you have ever seen one injury and your ******!

I don't see an issue. Ward is made of glass, Russell is injured, Ibe has been recalled, Dawkins has been out of sorts, and Bennett has only just returned after an injury/loan spell. Given with substitutions, we regularly use all 4 wingers in a game, it makes complete sense that we would need another 2 to replace Ibe and Russell. 

If we had only got Ince, and Ward pulled up (as he does regularly) everyone would be bemoaning Maccas lack of foresight. 

Bennett will almost certainly go out on loan anyway. 

What we have now is a bench where every player is an option. Before, with players like Calero on there, it always felt like they were there for experience, but had zero chance of coming on. 

Archived