PC Updates...

Kernow

Ok so I went to turn my laptop off at 10 & it said "Keep your PC on until this is done. Installing update 1 of 1."

It's now 23:22 and it's still updating. I'm shattered and want to go to sleep but don't want to risk ******* up my laptop by holding down the power button during an update. Any ideas if 1 hour 22 mins and counting for an update is normal?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so I went to turn my laptop off at 10 & it said "Keep your PC on until this is done. Installing update 1 of 1."

It's now 23:22 and it's still updating. I'm shattered and want to go to sleep but don't want to risk ******* up my laptop by holding down the power button during an update. Any ideas if 1 hour 22 mins and counting for an update is normal?

Yes that happens sometimes.When I updated a while back to Windows 8 on my laptop, took right at 2 hours.Just depends on what update actually is and what it is for (such as updating Windows security,firewalls,etc.)

This is my experience with Windows at least.

Yeah mines windows 8.1 I think. I kept putting the updates off for so long before it forced an update that I could refuse and I missed the whole second half of the Chelsea cup game due to it. It's now forced another update although I don't know what for.

Yeah mines windows 8.1 I think. I kept putting the updates off for so long before it forced an update that I could refuse and I missed the whole second half of the Chelsea cup game due to it. It's now forced another update although I don't know what for.

As dav says,probably a service pack.I also tend to delay updates lol,but of course eventually just have to let them proceed.

Some are very quick,others take a while.

The upload of your data from your hard drive, including stuff you thought had been deleted is nearly complete. When the Cornwall Plod arrive stick to a story like 'I was researching information for a University project I am doing". Now quickly, go and get some wipes for that keyboard and monitor. Dirty boy.

Archived