Sunderland debacle ..

mozza

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they do it, then good. But what is really going to annoy me is hearing fans from a team who have been beaten by maybe 3 or 4 goals, tame scoreline in comparison, also then demanding their money back "like Sunderland did".

I know it is exceptional circumstances this time, but you try telling that to an angry football fan who has just traveled to watch his team lose. We all get a bit delusional when we see our team get battered. If this sets a precedent then it is a problem.

Birmingham lose 8-0, Blues fans demand their money back "like Sunderland did".

This is what I meant. The players may have lost, but they don't deserve the external pressure to give up their wages. It is their money to do with what they choose.

Birmingham lose 8-0, Blues fans demand their money back "like Sunderland did".

This is what I meant. The players may have lost, but they don't deserve the external pressure to give up their wages. It is their money to do with what they choose.

If Derby lost 8-0, I'd want them fined a weeks wages. Giving to the fans sets a dangerous precedent as you've said, but you don't deserve to be paid for that sort of result.

Whats the biggest defeat you've seen us suffer

For me, i think it was the 7-1 home defeat to Liverpool.

We had mark wright and dean saunders in the team.

After 3-0 the other goals don't seem to matter.

Not Derby, but my Mum and Dad went down to London in 1960 to see the 4th round FA cup replay between Spurs and Crewe. The original tie at Crewe had finished 2-2, so most of Crewe got trains down for the replay. Some trains were late and M & D missed the first 10 mins and Crewe were 2-0 down by the time they got in. Final score was 13-2 to Spurs! They got drawn away at Spurs in the 4th round the next year and "won" 1-5!

It's not really dangerous, is it? Not in the sense of Oscar Pistorius' bathroom.

Annoying precedent then.

Biggest loss I've seen was Livingston at Hibs, we lost 7-0. I was at Anfield when we lost 6-0, sat in the home end and all. I was going mental at a few Derby players but no one minded because of the score.

Bywater, Griffin, Todd, Davis, Camara, Malcolm, Mears, Fagan, Oakley, Pearson, Howard. What a team

Villa were a decent side, West Ham weren't. I think they were missing quite a few players as well.

I was going more on our performance rather than the embarassment of losing to West Ham. We were pretty dreadful against Villa from my memory. That stuck out as our worst performance.

Archived