I hate the official club website

uttoxram75

I know I shouldn't have, but I have found reading this thread jolly amusing. Maybe, given the problems Daveo has been experiencing recently too, it's no just the .co that is the problem, but the words Derby or DCFC that is the issue. Perhaps if we were to change the forum to wankfans.uk and the club site to WeareWank perhaps things might improve, or perhaps at least our expectation of the service we are getting might be more realistically established? Worst case UttoxRam, a few of us will give you a push up over the Stadium wall come Wolves match day

That's no bloody use. We'd be snydered out with florists.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else think the standard of writing on the news articles has gone downhill, seems every single one now has poor grammar or spelling, sentences part repeated etc.

How hard can it be to have someone proof read an article before you post it?

Maybe I'm being harsh on Gibbo, can't be good reading light stuck that far up Sams arse!

Anyone else think the standard of writing on the news articles has gone downhill, seems every single one now has poor grammar or spelling, sentences part repeated etc.

How hard can it be to have someone proof read an article before you post it?

Maybe I'm being harsh on Gibbo, can't be good reading light stuck that far up Sams arse!

owhhh Matron!

The website is totally useless, and it's not just ordering tickets. The widgets on the main page are not interesting at all, and almost half of the main page is littered with junk, lottos, gallery of pictures (do we really like to look at pics of our players?), a useless widget  table that shows 4 teams, a mini polo mint form guide for the last 6 games etc. There is so much going on but in reality there's not single bit of interesting information related to the team.

For example, say you are interested in how the U21s are doing ... you want to know the stats ... has Omar been scoring, assisting, who are the statistical performers? What about Calero? So you click on where? Team? I suppose not since Team is the Senior team. Do you click on Club? Okay click on Club. Nope that's not it. No U21 team there, just 2 huge columns divided by "In This Section" and "Features" ... does that make sense when you look at what's underneath? No. In this section has Ownership while Features has DCFC Megastore. Huh? Why is Megastore a Feature and Ownership is an In This Section? 

So I want stats for the U21s ...Where do i look? oh there we go, there's a stats link. I will look there. But under that its head to head ... meaning how well Derby does against other teams and Stats (only for the Senior team) ... those stats are divided into CLUB and LEAGUE. Under Club is league and cup links (even though there is a separate League tab). You can see which senior team players have got re: goals, assists, shots, appearances, discipline ... but when you click League, there's no stats there at all. There are however 3 widgets: an ad for Frank and Oak, Ask Google, and Latest News. 

See my point? I could write a book on it, its so lousy ... an absolute mess .. and fans go there primarily to look up players and team or club news. You should be able to quickly find say, Mascarell, all the news about him, his stats and a profile. You can do a search ... then you get a couple of videos, you click and yep, you have to buy RAMS player to see a video about him. Not going to make any new fans by demanding money just to see a little video of a Reserves player. 

I like Oakland Athletics baseball and there is no comparison when it comes to how easy and quick it is to get any information I want ... videos (for free!) and stuff as detailed as I want. The website has a wealth of team and player information and its not one big cluttered un-navigable disaster. 

I go to NEWS NOW, this forum and DET to get my info because I loathe the website, and I don't think too many of the other clubs in England are that much different. How much do people on here really use the DCFC website? And now we find out that people can't even get tickets easily off there. In the end its probably not all Derby's fault per se, but the crappy website software provider they (and most other clubs) use.

If I don't login it says the same thing, if I log in then it says tickets on sale from 29th Sept...but I can't check to see if they are actually able to buy as I can't put the match tickets in my basket as it only lets me buy a bar pass and McFarland's Bar pass. Whatever happened to just buying a ticket, might be a season ticket holder but maybe I want to buy additional tickets. Bloody useless website.

Just rang to find that ST holders cannot purchase extra tickets until 22nd October "to allow Members to buy a ticket". 

So, not only is the website poor, when you do finally stumble across the information you need it turns out to be wrong.

booooo, some fcker out!

Archived