Great squad depth

AmericanRam

Does everyone agree this is the best depth we have had in our squad for a long time? Just in the midfield alone with Hughes,Bryson,Eustace,Omar,Hendrick,and Thorne when he comes back.

Roos looks to be a pretty good backup to Grant,and other areas are pretty well stacked also.I cannot think of another team in the Championship that even comes close to the overall quality depth that we have. Onwards and upwards.

Thoughts about the depth of this squad versus past Derby squads?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does everyone agree this is the best depth we have had in our squad for a long time? Just in the midfield alone with Hughes,Bryson,Eustace,Omar,Hendrick,and Thorne when he comes back.

Roos looks to be a pretty good backup to Grant,and other areas are pretty well stacked also.I cannot think of another team in the Championship that even comes close to the overall quality depth that we have. Onwards and upwards.

Thoughts about the depth of this squad versus past Derby squads?

We have decent cover for every position bar the left full back slot, so reasonably good I think.

I cannot think of another team in the Championship that even comes close to the overall quality depth that we have.

Norwich? They could put two sides out in this league. Both of which would be top 6.

So yeah I'd say they come close...

Yeah, probably Norwich.

Clearly not Forest though. A couple of injuries is usually all it takes to completely derail their entire campaign. Apparently....

In certain positions we have great depth. Defence for example but an injury to Reid and Assombalonga and we'd struggle. So we're the same as pretty much any other team in the league that's not had parachute payments recently

If Martin got injured/suspension we'd struggle IMO with Best filling in.

He hardly took his chance against Reading, he didn't look like scoring and can't help but think he's abit of a Sammon mark II - Sammons scored this season too!

Maybe a loan in the mold of Wilson or Campbell, other than that I'm confident we have the depth required if injuries prevail.

Team vs Leeds 5/10/14

Derby County: Grant (GK), Smith, Keogh, Whitbread, Forsyth, Eustace, Bryson, Hughes, Russell, Martin, Ward.

Subs: Deeney (GK), Jacobs, Davies, Freeman, Sammon, Bennett, Buxton.

Team largely unchanged, bench unrecognisable in quality. Bucko aside, not one of them would get a sniff now.

Archived