Russell Brand

Dr. Gonzo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you ignore the blatant attempts to paint this "revolution" as "Russell Brands", to iconise him as an celebrity speking out of turn. hard to ignore that the bloke has got a point, a few points, and he hasnt gone away yet. he's got money, fame, exposure, anything you'd think anyone would want or need, people dont like that, they call it hypocrisy, but if you look at what somebody does with all these things..? Hear hear. i'd really like to hear from some folks who cant stand him,  and their rational reasons why not

Personally, don't appreciate anyone who continously talks over the top of someone else. I would agree he has some interesting points but the way he tries to butcher the interviewers questions makes this 'interview' cringeworthy at times.

A point can be made and well expressed, in fact mostly even more so, by a slower more reasoned articulated delivery.

Personally, don't appreciate anyone who continously talks over the top of someone else. I would agree he has some interesting points but the way he tries to butcher the interviewers questions makes this 'interview' cringeworthy at times.

A point can be made and well expressed, in fact mostly even more so, by a slower more reasoned articulated delivery.

i disagree, politics is generally who shouts the loudest, look at the house of commons. differene is, they are self serving, and his point is being "speaking for the little man". thy interviewer is pushing an agenda. Brand is speaking over him because when he goes toward making his point he gets another question trying to deflect attention away from the actual points being made. Galloway, for all his failings is exellent in an argument. more reasoned like you said but Paxman, he'll shout until the question gets answered and destroyed many a crook doing so. respect what you are saying mind Archibold. imagine i'm touching your knee right now. o0o0o0oh

because you cant be wealthy, drive a big car,(the picture has no context) and have an opinion that the elite (not the rich) are bending you over "the people who dont want change are the people who benefit from it staying the same." Lydon has never had anything to say, apart from, F this and F that. a fake punk if ever there was one. a property developer now i hear. Anarchy yeah John.

because you cant be wealthy, drive a big car,(the picture has no context) and have an opinion that the elite (not the rich) are bending you over "the people who dont want change are the people who benefit from it staying the same." Lydon has never had anything to say, apart from, F this and F that. a fake punk if ever there was one. a property developer now i hear. Anarchy yeah John.

Of course you can have an opinion - I just find it mildly amusing that he drives around in one of the ultimate symbols of capitalism.

Johnny has a great point in that video - has more to say than Brand ever does.

Of course you can have an opinion - I just find it mildly amusing that he drives around in one of the ultimate symbols of capitalism.

Johnny has a great point in that video - has more to say than Brand ever does.

i disagree. but i think you're missing the point, he's not saying people cant have things, he's talking about the overall structure being set up solely to benefit an oligarchy. if he was driving round in a 2cv people would focus on that, but the point is, its irrelevant what car he drives or who he is really, i dont for a minute think he is working alone, he's got experts in their field behind him, pissed off experts that want something closer to equality, he's a spokesperson, and aesthetic logo. cant stand johnny rotten, but stewart lee did another article in the guardian ridiculing Brand, i think  stewart lee is great, but the article was very poor in my opinion. thanks for yours though duracell.

i disagree. but i think you're missing the point, he's not saying people cant have things, he's talking about the overall structure being set up solely to benefit an oligarchy. if he was driving round in a 2cv people would focus on that, but the point is, its irrelevant what car he drives or who he is really, i dont for a minute think he is working alone, he's got experts in their field behind him, pissed off experts that want something closer to equality, he's a spokesperson, and aesthetic logo. cant stand johnny rotten, but stewart lee did another article in the guardian ridiculing Brand, i think  stewart lee is great, but the article was very poor in my opinion. thanks for yours though duracell.

opinion that is

Did anyone follow his war with Fox Network? Not sure if it's still going on right now.

He took exception to how they were covering the murders of black teenagers and, on their flagship news show, they responded by absolutely tearing apart his personal life. They talked about his past drug use, how he's an idiot because he broke up with Katy Perry, just really trying to drag his name through the mud. On the news as well - absolutely crazy.

i disagree, politics is generally who shouts the loudest, look at the house of commons. differene is, they are self serving, and his point is being "speaking for the little man".

I think the good Doctor, you and I might disagree on a great many things, but if you think old Russell is not self-serving and he speaks up for the "little man" then someone other than Russell has to be blowing smoke up your arse. I don't quite take the Ovis position, but Brand is no more than than an attention whore and good on him, a very wealthy one. In fact to be fair I can find him at times quite amusing, and he can make some valid political observations. However, you seem to still have this guy down as a people's champion. Money and self matters most to Russell, and his selling brand is being anti-establishment. Good for him. Rod Hull was just as popular in terms of attention a few years back, where his selling brand was sticking his hand up an Emu's arse. He too wasn't overly amusing, but was again motivated by money and self. Unlike Russell though, he didn't try pushing a pile of pretentious ****** down the back of my throat.

I think the good Doctor, you and I might disagree on a great many things, but if you think old Russell is not self-serving and he speaks up for the "little man" then someone other than Russell has to be blowing smoke up your arse. I don't quite take the Ovis position, but Brand is no more than than an attention whore and good on him, a very wealthy one. In fact to be fair I can find him at times quite amusing, and he can make some valid political observations. However, you seem to still have this guy down as a people's champion. Money and self matters most to Russell, and his selling brand is being anti-establishment. Good for him. Rod Hull was just as popular in terms of attention a few years back, where his selling brand was sticking his hand up an Emu's arse. He too wasn't overly amusing, but was again motivated by money and self. Unlike Russell though, he didn't try pushing a pile of pretentious ****** down the back of my throat.

i dont want to like him you know, and i really didnt until fairly recently, and my arse int smoking, although i should stop, it'S not healthy. i like your post though, it wasnt filled with the venom iv read over the internet the past couple of weeks or so, but again i disagree, we've moved on from him, its his arguments i like. there's alot of talk of dismantling the ego in his videos also, something i can understand everyone will have to struggle with providing they have a conscience, but his sincerity and if he has any or not is up to ourselves to decide by ourselves i suppose. Rod Hull ha ha

Imagine he helped people come out as addicts across the globe and try to overcome them by being brutally honest about his life....Don't agree with some of his politics, but it's a shame some people in the press play the man instead of trying to debate what he believes in....I think some of what he says needs taking with a pinch of salt.

Everyone makes mistakes... and he's made some big ones.... Just don't think he warrants all the rubbish he gets his way....

Archived