Don't be scared of Chinese food

Day

I was for years, I'm a very basic eater rarely try anything crazy like, I would be happier with beans on toast than say lobster so the thought of eating cats and dogs was just bonkers to me.....until last weekend.

You know how it is, you have a few drinks and start feeling peckish, everyone wanted a Chinese so I was screwed, I looked at the menu for ages, finally picked out a chicken curry as it was the only 2 words I knew off the menu (apart from rice), I know it isn't chicken, it's the Chinese sense of humour....eat it, tastes just like chicken. If they put cat curry on the menu the RSPCA would go nuts.

Anyway, it arrived and I was feeling pretty nervous, I almost put it to the side and reheated it after a few more beers but I was too hungry.

I'm not sure which it was but it really did taste like chicken, honestly, couldn't believe it and the sauce was just amazing, tasted much nicer than an Indian curry.

The next day I woke up and thought ****, I literally ate a cat or dog maybe both curry last night and now I have to get up and go home to feed my cat, how could I look at him in the face without feeling guilty? Chances are if it was cat it wouldn't be related as I picked him up from Caistor, few miles outside Grimsby.

I went home and obviously didn't say anything to him, I'm guessing it's that kind of feeling where you've cheated on your missus and you go home the next day and have that awkward where have you been moments, it wasn't tho, he was pleased to see me, gave him a quick stroke and gave him his breakfast.

Later that day I was doing my shopping online from Tesco (I collect the Clubcard points), I saw a chicken curry on offer, my cat was sat on my knee at this point asleep, I felt naughty even thinking about buying one, I silently clicked add to basket trying not to make a noise......remember trying to masturbate whilst your parents were in the bedroom next to you and you had a squeaky bed? Was kinda like that.

I went out last night, had a few beers, just got out of bed for something to eat and saw the chicken curry sat there in the fridge staring at me (not literally), I had it, again it tasted just like chicken honestly! I don't know how they do it, maybe it's flavouring or something but I really am impressed and it tasted really really good.

Don't be afraid of trying new things, you only live once and it's another thing I can tick off my life achievements list.

Will I be eating cats or dogs again? Most definitely

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

......remember trying to masturbate whilst your parents were in the bedroom next to you and you had a squeaky bed? Was kinda like that.

No, I don't remember anything like that. But getting back to your Chinese food comments, I must confess that I have never eaten Chinese food. My uncle was a public health inspector and he made me promise that I would never eat in a Chinese or Indian restaurant. Perhaps my uncle was being unfair but I have always believed that caution is the best policy.

I once had sweet n sour chicken. What a perfectly good waste of a takeaway, it just didn't taste right, it just wasn't right. Never had it since but did find the joy of crispy beef. Sadly, the best takeaway we found for this was in Stockport, bit far away now.

If anyone could recommend one in Derby that'd be great.

Eat anything me... Ducks tongues, Chicken feet, Testicles, Snake <killed at the table> and some ***** I don't want to know.

Never ask first.. Eat first, ask questions later.

Ya filthy hag. Ewww.

Archived