PC Experts

EastKentRam

Windows 7>Windows 8.1>...........................................................>Windows 8

Whatever you do, if you get Windows 8 then upgrade it to Windows 8.1 instantly. Base Windows 8 is worse than Vista.

Really don't get all the hate for Windows 8. I don't think it's that bad.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really don't get all the hate for Windows 8. I don't think it's that bad.

I loathed it mate. 

After trying to get to grips with it for a couple of weeks I fooked it off and installed Windows 7. 

When I got the latest laptop it had Windows 8.1 installed. Seemed much better. That's not been ditched for Windows 7. I'd still prefer Windows 7, it's not that much of a problem that I can be @r$ed going through the W7 installation.

I loathed it mate. 

After trying to get to grips with it for a couple of weeks I fooked it off and installed Windows 7. 

When I got the latest laptop it had Windows 8.1 installed. Seemed much better. That's not been ditched for Windows 7. I'd still prefer Windows 7, it's not that much of a problem that I can be @r$ed going through the W7 installation.

8.1 is definitely a whole heap better, but basic W8 just takes some getting used to. I know people hated the app tray and the lack of a Start Menu, but once you go to "desktop", it's not that much different looking than W7, just more powerful.

Good news for you though, Windows 9 is on the way. I probably won't even bother.

Brilliant, thanks AR and Dave for all your help.

Guess I'm going to go with that third one then. Guessing it's simple to install operating system?

I'll be back for monitor purchasing assistance.

More often than not it's just a case of popping a CD in, and the rest is following on screen instructions, but if you buy the right copy of Windows, it'll take you through it anyway.

Ok, with the desktop sorted, onto monitors.

Is it easy to link up two screens together? Do I need a certain cable or anything else etc?

Im wanting something ideally that can support 1600/1200 resolution to fit a certain amount of poker tables on each screen.

Im liking the look of this; 

http://microdream.co.uk/20-dell-ultrasharp-2007fp-dvi-rotating-lcd-monitor-black-with-usb-hub.html?gclid=CNyXm-36s8ACFQH3wgoda0MA_A#.U_4UJTKwJcQ

Archived