Favorite TV Sitcom

AmericanRam

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waiting for someone to say that ***** Frasier...probably the worst thing to ever air on TV

Only Fools and Horses

Red Dwarf

Bottom

Men Behaving Badly

Porridge

Open All Hours

Faulty Towers

Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em

Before I get started with the best, let's just address the sh*te. Big Bang Theory & How I Met Your Mother. What a shower of sh*te.

Best (in no particular order)

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Only Fools and Horses

Modern Family

Peep Show

Parks and Recreation

Arrested Development

Royle Family

You can add Archer, The Thick of It, The League and Curb Your Enthusiasm to the list but they aren't a traditional sitcom format.

The Simpsons is in a similar situation but it required it's own sentence as it's the greatest tv show of all time. Only up to around season 8 of course.

Current TV:

Modern Family, by a country mile.

Trollied

Past:

Blackadder

Friends

Peep Show

Ab Fab

Gimme Gimme Gimme

Cougar Town was good but I think it might have been cancelled in the US after 3 series.

Big Bang Theory....do people ACTUALLY find that funny? Are you listening to the dialogue, or the canned laughter?

The plot of every episode is they're all geeky and one is borderline autistic.

Anyway, as someone with real and true taste (in order):

I'm Alan Partridge

Blackadder the Third

Blackadder Goes Fourth

Fawlty Towers

A Touch of Cloth

Inbetweeners

Him & Her

Big Bang Theory....do people ACTUALLY find that funny? Are you listening to the dialogue, or the canned laughter? The plot of every episode is they're all geeky and one is borderline autistic. Anyway, as someone with real and true taste (in order): I'm Alan PartridgeBlackadder the ThirdBlackadder Goes FourthFawlty TowersA Touch of ClothInbetweenersHim & Her

Big Bang Theory is atrocious. The first episode wasn't funny, so repeating it over and over again won't be funny either.

Not sure you can claim to have taste though if you're throwing Fawlty Towers and Him & Her into the mix.

Waiting for someone to say that ***** Frasier...probably the worst thing to ever air on TV

Only Fools and Horses

Red Dwarf

Bottom

Men Behaving Badly

Porridge

Open All Hours

Faulty Towers

Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em

I agree about Frasier.I have watched several episodes of it tbh but never really thought it was all that funny.The same goes for the show Cheers.

I indicated that BBT and HIMYM were the worst I could think of but I wrong. Family Guy is a new level of sh*te, and American Dad is only marginally better. I don't think I've seen a joke of any intelligence or thought in either.

I love Big Bang Theory because no one in America has ever done a show about nerds before! But to be fair the US have got Family Guy and American Dad right. They are fantastic.

My favourites are the British classics. Fawlty Towers, OFAH, The Office, Extras and The Vicar of Dibley.

Inbetweeners and Peep Show are fantastic examples of modern ones.

I think a lot of the time it just simply depends on what is considered humorous in the US vs. what is considered humorous in the UK.

I for one really like Only Fools and Horses and Bean movies.However,when I watched them with my friends they did not laugh at all.

P.S. I have always liked Family Guy and American Dad but do admit they have been pretty bad the last couple seasons.

Big Bang Theory is atrocious. The first episode wasn't funny, so repeating it over and over again won't be funny either.

Not sure you can claim to have taste though if you're throwing Fawlty Towers and Him & Her into the mix.

I know, it's just AWFUL.

Him & Her is multi-layered and somehow pulls off the sweetness of Gavin and Stacey without being so sickly, and as repulsive as something like Bottom. Not to everyone's taste though, I've barely recommended it to anyone.

Fawlty Towers is a genre perfected. I don't find slapstick or farce particularly funny, but how can you not laugh when its executed that well?

Forgot to mention the Office & Extras. I can't stand an Idiot Abroad, but love those two Gervais comedies.

Archived