Missed the kick off today

uttoxram75

Had no problems, I left Sandwich in East Kent at about half ten and made it to the Meadows pub about quarter past 2. A bit of a queue at the Dartford crossing and again around Northampton but no real issues - don't know what Utch is on about  ;)

What time did you get home... M1 was crap yesterday, I ended up cutting back through Cov to the M40.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Markeaton Island will be a place to avoid until the end of October at the very earliest. A good idea to avoid. It will be worse than Little Eaton Island.

I did tweet using the hashtags #dcfc and #A38 at around 1pm on saturday that it was at a standstill. They also mentioned it in road reports on Radio Derby

Queues where caused because nobody had thought at DCFC that it would be a good idea to place a notice at each turnstile or include in the letter with season tickets that a slight modification had been made to the scanning procedure, for the past few years it has been a case of holing your treason ticket / card in front of the scanner now how ever you place your card under a new scanner, as it is quite dark in the scanning area it was not so clear to the less observant that a change had been made, so a number of people where thinking that their card was not working so where trying to reverse back out of the turnstile to request assistance or at least that is what I saw.

Arrived at the iPro at 14:50 and was a bit worried when I saw the big queues outside the East Stand, but there were no queues at all at the West Stand, so I was in my seat in time for kick off.

Confirms what I've always suspected; you get a more intelligent class of supporter in the West Stand!

Archived