Steve Nicholson twitter

DEL

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how long before little Mason is bollocked in public and dropped to the bench. Their manager thinks it is the only way to teach young players to follow his amateur(ish) instructions. What do you guys think?

I think Sheff Utd would be ideal for Mason not good enough yet for Rams 1st 11.

I wonder how long before little Mason is bollocked in public and dropped to the bench. Their manager thinks it is the only way to teach young players to follow his amateur(ish) instructions. What do you guys think?

Mason knows the score and will keep the ball near the opposing team's corner flag as per instructions - hopefully not from the 1st minute though!

I think that it is most unlikely that Mason will fall foul of the Clough tongue, because he's not a thick pillock like Cywka.

I think that the fact that the players seemed to enjoy playing for him, and the great bond they showed under him suggests that what you are saying is way off the mark. If you are are referring to Cwyka he was clearly not bright enough to take instructions on board.

Just like Hughes,Hendrick and OB I suppose.

Bennett has probably learned what he can from Clough and his team already.

Playing a differ style if football or being coached using differnt techniques will help his development.

So anywhere but Sheff United is preferable.

Seems a bit harsh? He's still very young (although built like someone 5 years older) and when he came on against Chelsea (for example) his shear power pace and positivity caused problems. Can't see why we would give him a 4 year deal if he wasn't progressing?

I think that it is most unlikely that Mason will fall foul of the Clough tongue, because he's not a thick pillock like Cywka.

Don't you mean maguire.....

martin......

moxey.......

commons......

Don't you mean maguire.....

martin......

moxey.......

commons......

Well, you choose to believe gossip, I choose to ignore it.

Mason Bennett's progress. I don't think he's improved since he made his debut.

He still puts his head down and charges forward.

Maybe he should be concious of this instead of going back to his old school and suggesting "maybe the next me is here".

Yes he's young, but you'd still expect him to develop over time. Personally don't think he has.

I agree .

I do think regular football with Nigel at Sheff U will help the lad.

The thing he needs to improve on most is his hold up play as a striker and consequently his first touch which is sometimes a problem.

Finishing as for a lot of strikers needs to be worked on.

His biggest asset is his pace and determination.

Good luck to the lad at Sheff U I hope he does well for them and Derby County can also reap the rewards when he comes back.

Archived