New faces

Ovis aries

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main thing is that we haven't lost any of our main players.

The players are a year older and wiser now, so we should be in a better place than last year.

Having said that, losing thorne and wisdom are massive blows, I haven't seen Christie play so cant comment on him, eustace is ok playing that role, but thorne gave that extra dimension with his passing.

Another forward though would be top of my list, as im sure it is at just about every other championship club....

I think we'll only really see loans now so any such new faces are likely to be toward the end of August.

Hey I'd love to be wrong but I think the management see the structure of the team as sorted and they'll want to add loans for cover and freshness.

Also I expect to see Hanson come through to the first team this year.

Let's give it a few weeks see how we settle down, maybe we'll be ok. we have got 3 of the best midfielders in the league. i would like a bit of cover in the center of defence. So after 3-4 weeks we'll know if we need to spend in the midfield up front or defence. Me personally I think it'll be defence we need back up.

We'll get some, but we don't need to sign too many players. It's not broken, so don't fix it. The most important business we could do this summer was keep last seasons squad together, which we've done for the most part.

I expect 1 or 2 more signings this window, and then perhaps another loan when the emergency window opens.

All well and good , but if we are going up to the Premier (aspiring to anyway) , then we need more class, so I expected , after the meeting in the US , for at least one really good signing , besides Thorne, I thought they would be really determined this time , after going so unexpectedly close last season.

Not that I think that the side is not a good bet to go up , just to make the odds lower.

Still time I know, but according to the Telegraph it is going to be loans ,which to me is disappointing .

Why is it disappointing? Look at Wisdom Thorne and Bamford it was decent loan we had so in Mac we trust as long it's not T.Carroll then i'm happy.

Carroll is ok it's just that the loan was a failure at the time because of the way the Rams were set up he was thrown in at the deep end at Barnsley when Paul Green stayed back to see if he was going out in that January's transfer window.

The Rams were 0-3 before they had settled but it wasn't all Carroll's fault.

I think he even scored and played well 2nd half at Barnsley.

Carroll has lots of talent there is no doubt about it IMO .

Why is it disappointing? Look at Wisdom Thorne and Bamford it was decent loan we had so in Mac we trust as long it's not T.Carroll then i'm happy.

So your happy with loans , fine , I don't like them, even if they are brilliant , I prefer players to be "ours" , I am just old fashioned .

nothing special just a tap in

did you see the defense that day Brayford ,Shackell,Barker, Roberts and Frank Fielding in goal.

Just saying Carroll was thrown in at deep end as Green stayed behind on dead line day but didn't eventually go.

Let's give it a few weeks see how we settle down, maybe we'll be ok. we have got 3 of the best midfielders in the league. i would like a bit of cover in the center of defence. So after 3-4 weeks we'll know if we need to spend in the midfield up front or defence. Me personally I think it'll be defence we need back up.

That's a similar scenario to last season but it took a change of manager to kick us on, we can't afford to have a slow start again as that's what cost us second spot ultimately.

That's a similar scenario to last season but it took a change of manager to kick us on, we can't afford to have a slow start again as that's what cost us second spot ultimately.

I think with the way last season ended that a fast start is absolutely imperative too.

Even the best teams try to improve their squads season on season , and in my opinion, up to now we have not improved ours.

I know the adage "If it isn't broken don't fix it", but we have a few bits broken off that need replacing , and we need a slight upgrade, but not Windows 8.1 , its a fookup :-) .

I'm glad we kept our main players at the club. Am I the only one who wouldn't of minded losing Bryson not so much now Thorne has got injured.

It was just the fee he was going for if it was around 2-5 million I wouldn't of minded at all :wacko:

Archived