Best - Rumour confirmed by Owen Bradley

McDonald - Signed

Ake - Mirror rumour

Best - Nixon tweets we're in for best

Stokes - Goal.com saying we are monitoring the situation

Nixon - Bitch fest

Not hard was it?

Anyone would think players names are anagrams now

"http://dcfcfans.uk/public/style_images/dcfcfans/attachicon" alt="attachicon">Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 19.14.05

Freeman - Radio Sheffield reporting stumbling blocks

McDonald - Signed

Ake - Mirror rumour

Nixon - Bitch fest

Not hard was it?

Much easier than the old system when it was impossible to find news.

Anyone would think players names are anagrams now

"http://dcfcfans.uk/public/style_images/dcfcfans/attachicon" alt="attachicon">Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 19.14.05

Freeman - Radio Sheffield reporting stumbling blocks

McDonald - Signed

Ake - Mirror rumour

Nixon - Bitch fest

Not hard was it?

leon Best = one Blest

hope the transfer is.

Great new layout for the transfer threads.

Some of you lot might enjoy one long thread with pun after pun and absolutely nothing to do with the player or the rumour but I've got other **** to do during a day and can't spend a hour at a time trawling through 20 pages of puns. 

Also noticed that there are a lot more opinions about the player in question (or should I say more frequent opinions in the threads) which is down to this change. 

Much better. Congrats Mods. 

How about people use their brains and just look at which thread was created most recently?

Much quicker than trawling through 500 pages of puns.

Because new content is easier and why should anyone change the way they view the forum?

View New Content shows the time the thread was started if within 24hrs, very easy to see what's the latest, just takes a few seconds longer thats all but for those extra few seconds we're getting actual discussions now on the signing.

Is it perfect? nope, I'm still looking around for ideas, maybe using the tagging system in someway. Transfer window closes in a month anyway so plenty of time to work on it over the next few weeks ready for the January rush.

Because new content is easier and why should anyone change the way they view the forum?

Daveo put it in a more polite way than me but for an extra 2/3 seconds looking at when articles where created you get straight to the latest advancement rather than having to search through page after page of utter **** where you're just as likely to miss anything of importance as it's all puns and ******. I've noticed that even in the short while the threads have been changed to this format the discussion remains centred around the actual player/rumour/deal as oppose to going off on a tangent every 2/3 posts which creates a butterfly effect as people reply to the puns and non player related comments. 

I just think change scares some people, even for the better. I was scared about what would happen to Derby when Glick left - haven't looked back since. In a month or two I reckon you and a lot of posters will appreciate how easy it is to find relevant new information/updates on things. 

Plus servers are less likely to go down if the burden is split over numerous threads rather than a super thread

• 3 weeks later...

Why not just have the opening post updated with new developments, as was done towards the end of the Thorne saga? This current system is, imo, unnecessarily cluttered and difficult to have a continued discussion about a potential signing, as every development means a move to a new thread and cross-thread quoting is confusing.

Plus, I liked the puns...

As a mod it is much easier, the Thorne thread was impossible to mod, there could have been several libelous posts and I would not have known.

Like Daveo said, this system is under development and maybe might be a good idea to have criteria on when a new thread is started (on for inital rumor, one for DET/RD news, one for bid accepted/major setback and one for confirmation or breakdown of deal). If a player joins elsewhere the update goes into Football Talk, disucssion of players performances in Rams talk.

The old system worked well, when it was me, Boycie, Daveo, frogg and a couple of others on here (Buxton thread was one page only), but most people only view this forum when on a lunch break at work or at home for 30 mins max, so seeing 10s of pages with no transfer news is not great and it comes across very cliquey. Since the DET closed, activity on this forum went up tenfold and it is by far the busiest DCFC forum.

Situation is very mixed on the mod room and here, but like a new things it will take time and devlopment before we get a consensus, going back to the old system of a megathread is a no go I think.

I view the forum using the last unread post feature so having updates in the OP is no good me as it fecks up the browsing.

Archived